Current time: 16/05/2024, 09:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
For a good few months now, I think Stagecoach have been gradually reducing the number of Magic buses on the route at any one time. More and more Enviro400's are flooding the route now, and I think this may be the future for them in the short to medium term. With a mixture of cascades, accidents and withdrawals, a few blue buses have bitten the dust in recent times and Stagecoach haven't been in a hurry to get the paintbrushes out to replace them. One reason for this might be, in the Autumn the MMU is moving to Birchfields, so would be covered by the 256. This would effectively mean, the theory about the Magic buses getting green bus funding would, in a roundabout way, come true.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Whereabouts is Birchfields? Only Birchfields I know is where Birchfields Road Depot used to be, and also where can I find information about the MMU move there
(06/03/2014 07:11)M60lad Wrote:  Whereabouts is Birchfields? Only Birchfields I know is where Birchfields Road Depot used to be, and also where can I find information about the MMU move there

MMU is moving from their campus in Didsbury to a new building at the top of Princess parkway, by the Hulme Arch. It's a little closer to the city centre than the old depot site. I am not sure that there was that much movement of students durintg the day, as the Didsbury site was pretty self contained.
hi guys

17010 is on 658 to higher fold today same time as 631 leave bus station,

Thank you.
(06/03/2014 07:11)M60lad Wrote:  Whereabouts is Birchfields? Only Birchfields I know is where Birchfields Road Depot used to be, and also where can I find information about the MMU move there

Birley Fields campus on Stretford Road.
33779 and 33780 are the latest arrivals at Wigan depot, unsure if they're for service though. Y979 TGH ex Bluebird is still sat in the corner of Wigan depot with parts removed from it.
(06/03/2014 12:18)Scania1996 Wrote:  33775 is the latest arrival at Wigan depot, unsure if it's for service though. Y979 TGH ex Bluebird is still sat in the corner of Wigan depot with parts removed from it.

Y979TGH is supposedly being refurbished at Wigan before being returned to Middleton. The second TGH Dart was apparently reviewing the same treatment at Stockport.
(06/03/2014 13:59)Mayneway Wrote:  Y979TGH is supposedly being refurbished at Wigan before being returned to Middleton. The second TGH Dart was apparently reviewing the same treatment at Stockport.

I've heard exactly the same from a reliable source so it's likely to be true
(06/03/2014 02:08)Mayneway Wrote:  It would be a huge jump although if you consider that the majority of the Magic fleet is now getting on age wise (I think the youngest is the ex Dennis's trident which is 52 reg) then it would also take a major cascade to get most of the Magic Tridents replaced.
Plus given that the Magic routes run through the city centre and are quite flat routes they could probably go for green bus funding so it wouldn't be that much of jump.

Also don't forget that First are adding wifi to all their buses this year so this could could be a thorn in Stagecoach's eye where Wilmslow rd is concerned.

The newest Magic Buses are the two ex-Mayne Presidents, MX03KZN/P.

And if Stagecoach expand the wifi on hybrids programme to all buses, then its even. But it would be good to see Tameside's Dennis Arrow have Wi-Fi if it's not withdrawn, or those Marshall Darts, which would take my mind off them cosntantly being at risk of breakdown.
Where is 27598 based these days? Middleton?

It was in the top garage at Stockport late morning today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)