Current time: 16/05/2024, 09:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Rather than let it sit there out of use, why not sell MJ53 BLU so it could join the MCV bodied MAN's Rosso sometimes run on my local routes, when they're not doing school duties?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The B7TL is tied to the contract I believe.

The MAN/ELC is down for transfer, originally to Yorkshire, however 'recent' (over the last year) changes of plan and problems with MAN Enviro300s have seen this delayed again and again. I can't see Stagecoach selling it when they already have a number of similar vehicles at various locations.

KK07BLU is under repair following extensive fire damage; while it may look externally fine, I'm sure there's still mechanical work to be done. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/8702335088/
Does anyone know what caused the fire?
(19/02/2014 15:36)rod_259 Wrote:  
(17/02/2014 15:19)jimbo Wrote:  One on the 80, other on 112 Confused - I know they also use magic buses for oldham academy school
With all the deckers being released by the Hybrids would have thought a handful could have gone to update Middleton and replace Magic buses and the 'red' one!

I'm guessing Middleton's use of the Olympian Magic buses is probably more a preservation exercise than anything else. In the next 3 years they won't be allowed to use them anyway under DDA rules, so if they want to preserve them, for now Middleton is the obvious choice, given that other depots in Manchester have newer buses already for schools.
The red one has already been replaced unofficially by an Enviro400 (which keeps changing) loaned from Hyde Road. I think is due to mechanical problems.
I reckon though that the next batch of Single Deckers ordered for Manchester will probably go to Middleton to replace the sheds there, but for now they're making do with the MAN's currently in reserve.
We got 2 enviro 400s on loan due to vehicle shortage
R411xfl - you refering to middleton (bluebird) depot? If so here is a pic http://imgur.com/m8VTmYr
(19/02/2014 22:39)ace Wrote:  
(19/02/2014 15:36)rod_259 Wrote:  
(17/02/2014 15:19)jimbo Wrote:  One on the 80, other on 112 Confused - I know they also use magic buses for oldham academy school
With all the deckers being released by the Hybrids would have thought a handful could have gone to update Middleton and replace Magic buses and the 'red' one!

I'm guessing Middleton's use of the Olympian Magic buses is probably more a preservation exercise than anything else. In the next 3 years they won't be allowed to use them anyway under DDA rules, so if they want to preserve them, for now Middleton is the obvious choice, given that other depots in Manchester have newer buses already for schools.
The red one has already been replaced unofficially by an Enviro400 (which keeps changing) loaned from Hyde Road. I think is due to mechanical problems.
I reckon though that the next batch of Single Deckers ordered for Manchester will probably go to Middleton to replace the sheds there, but for now they're making do with the MAN's currently in reserve.

I'm not so sure.
Interestingly the two white Darts which were acquired by Bluebird when they took over the 44 from Haytons, which Stagecoach never used, have recently been moved from the rear of Hyde Road to other depots to be extensively refurbished then painted into Stagecoach livery then returned to Middleton where they will see use. So it wouldn't surprise me if other old Bluebird stock which has been left sitting about night return to active service in Middleton in the near furute Smile

As for the magic buses, I can see them hanging around for the near future as there handy for schools and provide extra capacity on Saturdays on normal services.
(19/02/2014 18:07)acocker96 Wrote:  
(19/02/2014 18:05)VolvoB10M Wrote:  
(19/02/2014 15:36)rod_259 Wrote:  With all the deckers being released by the Hybrids would have thought a handful could have gone to update Middleton and replace Magic buses and the 'red' one!

What 'red' vehicle are you referring to? I have not yet seen any that are painted other than Stagecoach and Magicbus.

They're on about the ALX400 B7TL which came with Bluebird which is used on the Salford Uni Shuttle

That is why it is "Red". It is a requirement of the contract that the bus, which is used as a shuttle between the different sites of the university, is painted in university colours. If it is replaced, the replacement would have to be repainted red in turn.
(18/02/2014 20:40)VolvoB10M Wrote:  
(17/02/2014 00:58)P528LND Wrote:  I'm pretty sure they are not, and in fact have the same ZF 6 AP 1200 B 'EcoLife' transmission as the Volvo B9TL's that are within the fleet.

Which Enviro400's are you referring to? The ones at Bolton depot are 4 speed Voith.

I am 100% sure you are incorrect, since they definitely do not have just 4 gears.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Which do you mean? I have only been on the Bolton vehicles, I only know of Birmingham to have ZF Enviro400's which would also be Euro 5 (2009-2013).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzICrCr26Kw

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)