Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Back in service at Barnsley now....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/10/2013 21:03)mbonwick Wrote:  Back in service at Barnsley now....

On loan at Mansfield at present

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not sure which one it was but at about 13:25 yesterday afternoon one of Stockport's Hybrid Enviro 400s was broken down almost at the end of Great Egertonn Street facing the roundabout, not sure of the problem but it must have been serious as there were about 2 engineering vans in attendance and one of them was a support van from Alexander-Dennis themselves, infact the bus was sandwiched between the vans with the Alexander Dennis van parked in front of the stricken vehicles and another van parked behind it.

Also just a prior warning for anyone who doesn't know but the next phase of Metrolink works on Barlow Moor Road/Hardy Lane have started which means the full junction is down to single lane working by 3-way temporary traffic lights even yesterday afternoon this was causing major problems as traffic was queuing all the way back from the junction to Princess Road junction, I was on 13:12 23 from Stockport yesterday which left Stockport at 13:27 along with the on-time 13:27 23A and believe it or not it didn't get to Trafford Centre untul 14:45 despite the fact it was scheduled to arrive at 14:14, credit to the driver who operated the return service which was a 23A delayed, not to sure whether off his own back or with pre told instruction as I never heard him contact the depot via the radio.

If this is what traffic at Barlow Moor Road/Hardy Lane junction is like on a Saturday afternoon I can only imagine what it might be like during the peak periods during the week
19516 operating the 32 was 25 minutes late into Wigan and consequently didn't run the 08:50 service back into Manchester. Don't know what caused this as both the 540 and 598 were 15 minutes late too.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(21/10/2013 15:30)MX05 CKN Wrote:  19516 operating the 32 was 25 minutes late into Wigan and consequently didn't run the 08:50 service back into Manchester. Don't know what caused this as both the 540 and 598 were 15 minutes late too.

Did wonder whether the 32 might have been running late due to the roadworks on the East Lancs Road that started today, as part of the guided busway.
(21/10/2013 18:31)SF07 Wrote:  
(21/10/2013 15:30)MX05 CKN Wrote:  19516 operating the 32 was 25 minutes late into Wigan and consequently didn't run the 08:50 service back into Manchester. Don't know what caused this as both the 540 and 598 were 15 minutes late too.

Did wonder whether the 32 might have been running late due to the roadworks on the East Lancs Road that started today, as part of the guided busway.

I forgot to consider that. It makes sense, any issues on the East Lancs always screw up the 32.

Cheers pal

Jack
Quite ironic, Manchester/Salford is creating bus lanes on the same day Liverpool is getting rid of theirs on the road which links the 2 cities.
Apparantly the Enviro 400s loaned to Sheffield should be on their way back this weekend, well all of them bar 19341 as someone has managed to get it wedged under the canopy opposite Sheffield Interchange A2 today, the front n/s is touching the floor while the rear o/s is in the air, as for moving it well from what I've been told no matter how its moved its going to cause damage to the vehicle and this includes dumping the air out of the vehicle.

So I'm guessing its going to be off the road for a while at least
19079 is on 600 today to journey to Leigh when I board on 631 look behind me.

Martyn.
(21/10/2013 20:45)Scania3379man Wrote:  19079 is on 600 today to journey to Leigh when I board on 631 look behind me.

Martyn.

I saw that this afternoon, it still carries manchester fleetname

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)