Current time: 16/05/2024, 12:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I know the Geminis are at Aberhill now but is that where they will be based, if not where else in Fife?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There is no news on where the B9TLs will be based in Fife. Aberhill is their paintshop, so there is a good chance that they won't be staying there.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, probably be a while before I'm next up there anyway so we'll know where they are anyway when I go looking for them!
So how come they've been sent up there?
(17/03/2013 13:07)sumner Wrote:  I know the Geminis are at Aberhill now but is that where they will be based, if not where else in Fife?

It is expected that they will be split between two depots, one of which is likely to be Aberhill, but no final decision has yet been taken.
(17/03/2013 14:24)MX12EOC Wrote:  So how come they've been sent up there?

Plenty of other B7TLs to keep them company, East Scotland are experienced with the type and have appropriate diagnostics kit.
The B7TLs with East Scotland are all ex Strathtay. Some of those are still with Strathtay at Arbroath. The ones that have made it to Fife are all at Glenrothes. Incidentally, Glenrothes has a fully low floor double decker allocation, so I don't expect the B9TLs to go there; I'd expect, from looking at the fleetcard, they'd go to Aberhill and Cowdenbeath (five to each), as they've both got substantial numbers of Olympians left.
Aberhill's and Cowdenbeath's Olys are only allocated to schools, so that rules them out.

I reckon Arbroath could be a good bet for 4, Blairgowrie could absorb 3 or 4 and Perth 1 or 2.
(17/03/2013 15:33)mbonwick Wrote:  Aberhill's and Cowdenbeath's Olys are only allocated to schools, so that rules them out.

I thought the issue was that Fife (The council), imposed a maximum age limit for school buses and the R reg Olympians are turning 15 this year(and the S reg examples not long after), I am not suggesting the transferred Volvos directly displace them, but displace older Tridents to School duties.
As an aside to this, there seems to be a a fair number of ex London 10.5 metre Tridents marked up as 'ES' in your (much appreciated) recently supplied P11 fleetcards.
(17/03/2013 15:33)mbonwick Wrote:  Aberhill's and Cowdenbeath's Olys are only allocated to schools, so that rules them out.

I reckon Arbroath could be a good bet for 4, Blairgowrie could absorb 3 or 4 and Perth 1 or 2.

What the Olympians are currently used on is irrelevant, as the Gemini's do not need to be direct replacements. There will be a cascade of vehicles internally, which will release Olympians to disposal.

Its highly unlikely that they will be allocated to Arbroath, Blair or Perth, with a Fife allocation the more likely.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)