Current time: 16/05/2024, 11:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Unfortunately didn't see which one it was but Stockport Depot had an Enviro 400 out on late 11A's last night, it would have done 20:25 11A Altrincham-Stockport service.

Also during the week (Mon-Fri at least) it seems 20:10 105 Airport-Piccadilly service is currently a booked Hybrid turn and instead of coming empty from Depot-Airport it now runs off a 43 from what I noticed when I was down at Airport on Thursday afternoon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The changes leaflet promises that the new buses for route 76 will have a distinctive livery. Maybe I am being suspicious here, but last Saturday I saw some Stagecoach Enviro400s on Olympic duties in a red livery with blue and orange Stagecoach swirls.

As recently as Thursday routes 383 and 384 were still MAN operated. I even saw a 378-liveried MAN on route 197 yesterday afternoon. Today I saw an Enviro400 on route 384. Whethe this is a Saturday or one-off working, or the start of a reversion to Enviro400s, is unclear.

I am pleased about the forthcoming simplification in bus stands at Stockport bus station.
MANs were still very much in use at AZ yesterday as well, at least 2 were on the 237 and I spotted a 217, 218 and 345 all with MANs. I very much doubt AZ's will disappear though until the 10 Enviro200s down in London are back in use.

As for the stand changes, it does seem a lot simpler to have the services running from the same stands all the time, although the first few weeks are bound to be a bit confusing for some passengers and drivers who still insist on using the old stand!
(18/08/2012 21:24)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The changes leaflet promises that the new buses for route 76 will have a distinctive livery. Maybe I am being suspicious here, but last Saturday I saw some Stagecoach Enviro400s on Olympic duties in a red livery with blue and orange Stagecoach swirls.

That's unibus livery for Stagecoach Midlands.
The buses for the 76 are in standard livery, it is the branding that aims to be distinctive.
(19/08/2012 17:16)Nicholas Wrote:  The buses for the 76 are in standard livery, it is the branding that aims to be distinctive.

A bit like the X50?
I think maybe a little more branding is to be used, but I don't yet know what the design will be.
(19/08/2012 19:47)Nicholas Wrote:  I think maybe a little more branding is to be used, but I don't yet know what the design will be.

are all the double deck buses inculing 10042 to 51 back from the games yet i know 19469/521/522/525 are
I heard the 10000s are being used for the Paralympic Games... but I'll have to double check as that would mean they won't be back in time for the increased service.
(17/08/2012 06:02)ace Wrote:  Solos are much better than Darts in my opinion. They give a much smoother ride and are a bit newer in most cases.
The Darts all have knackered doors which slam against the front of the bus when they open.
I quite like the driver alert bell on the Solos with the charming door bell sound. They don't all have it but most do.

The infernal Darts are still plaguing the 313 route.I thought that once the Olympics buses came back then they would go but no two of the daytime 3 buses today are 34054 and 33174 .

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)