Current time: 16/05/2024, 06:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Speaking of 76s apparently according to Social Media another one of Stagecoach Manchester Hybrid Enviro400s caught fire while operating on the route today at Daisybank Newton Heath.

Good job Stagecoach Manchester have got the reserve fleet they can call upon in situations like this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/10/2018 18:52)M60lad Wrote:  Speaking of 76s apparently according to Social Media another one of Stagecoach Manchester Hybrid Enviro400s caught fire while operating on the route today at Daisybank Newton Heath.

Good job Stagecoach Manchester have got the reserve fleet they can call upon in situations like this.

Probably false gen otherwise it would of been in the evening news as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(16/10/2018 07:01)jonesy3001 Wrote:  Probably false gen otherwise it would of been in the evening news as well.

Passed it last night while on the 172 to Newton Heath, certainly looked like a crispy hybrid with two fire engines beside it on Daisy Bank!
From the MEN website:

[Image: 0_AR_NewtonHeathbusfire-3JPG.jpg]
[Image: 0_AR_NewtonHeathbusfire-2JPG.jpg]
[Image: 0_AR_NewtonHeathbusfire-4JPG.jpg]

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...s-15284886
Really is getting ridiculous with these hybrids now, when I left in Jan 2017 I'd seen 14 of them fire damaged, varying degrees from burnt cables to a full blown write off, and I've not been counting how many more have gone up in flames since. How Alexander Dennis/Stagecoach can keep allowing this to happen really is beyond me
(17/10/2018 04:33)Solo40336 Wrote:  Really is getting ridiculous with these hybrids now, when I left in Jan 2017 I'd seen 14 of them fire damaged, varying degrees from burnt cables to a full blown write off, and I've not been counting how many more have gone up in flames so. How Alexander Dennis/Stagecoach can keep allowing this to happen really is beyond me

My son drives from Sharston depot, and he's aware of three that have caught fire in the 18 months he's been there. They apparently don't send them out on night duties because of various unreliability problems.

Perhaps Stagecoach should follow East Yorkshire's example, and convert them to standard diesels.
(17/10/2018 08:56)EDB325 Wrote:  My son drives from Sharston depot, and he's aware of three that have caught fire in the 18 months he's been there. They apparently don't send them out on night duties because of various unreliability problems.

Perhaps Stagecoach should follow East Yorkshire's example, and convert them to standard diesels.

is it mainly the original batch (12027-56) that is vulnerable to this problem? More generally, are the different batches subject to different Euro ratings in terms of emissions? I ask as I'm trying to workout why a proposed "ULEZ" in the centre of Manchester would ban 70% of all buses, given that the combined total of Hybrids and Euro6s in GM comes to 35%, based on TFGM figures.
(17/10/2018 20:59)Brickmill Wrote:  is it mainly the original batch (12027-56) that is vulnerable to this problem? More generally, are the different batches subject to different Euro ratings in terms of emissions? I ask as I'm trying to workout why a proposed "ULEZ" in the centre of Manchester would ban 70% of all buses, given that the combined total of Hybrids and Euro6s in GM comes to 35%, based on TFGM figures.

It generally is the original batch that tend to catch, although I'm sure I remember the odd one here and there that was one of the newer batches. 12214 was the one wrote off on Xmas Eve 2016 and I think that was a 62 plate?
What Routes are run by Sharston as im after their fleet.
(21/10/2018 11:22)darylyates17 Wrote:  What Routes are run by Sharston as im after their fleet.
43, 85, 85A, 86, 101, 102, 103, 108, 111, 142, 143

The last two are Magic Bus. They certainly USED to run the 168 - if they still do, it's the only one not to touch Manchester City Centre.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)