Current time: 16/05/2024, 10:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
17535 also gone to Highlands. Sisters 17497/9/578 are to become driver trainers.
19085/91 have been cascaded to Midlands
21237/41 have been disposed of, to Ensign and charity respectively.
22405-7 have left for Western Scottish to become driver trainers; the rest of that batch have a similar fate, but different destinations

Oh, and 47774 left for Carlisle as well in P13, so a bit of a clearout starting!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10846 on school run[St James' RC Cheadle Hulme]

19333 on 24
How come loads of the 55/06 MANs have been taken out of service? They seem too modern to be taken out at 12 years old, or have I missed something?
(07/05/2017 21:53)mbonwick Wrote:  17497/9/578 are to become driver trainers.

Must be 30-years, since Stagecoach last had Double Deck Trainer's.
Only around 10 years actually - 2007/8 the Leyland Olympian trainers finally departed Manchester.
Can't speak for the Enviro400s, but as far as I know everything else has moved.
Not sure if Hyde Road were covering but there was a Enviro400 out on 118s last night, I noticed it heading into Manchester on Rochdale Road as I was on my way home on 21:45 81.
(08/05/2017 19:40)Dentonian Wrote:  Generally speaking, I would say its to do with service cuts - another 6+ buses taken off PVR a fortnight ago - but it is notable that at least 22399 was still in service at ST on Saturday, and not all replacement Enviro200s (from MN) are there yet. Also, the five Enviro300s that only came to Wigan from Scotland last Autumn are due to go in reserve. Again, though (at least) 22521 was still in service on Friday. Hopefully 26141-5 are imminent. That might balance withdrawals and PVR reductions more clearly.

Oh right, fair enough! How come they're putting modern vehicles like this into reserve? I don't understand the logic of it; the likes of Arriva still have pre-2005 stuff running about in regular service yet Stagecoach are putting stuff from 2005/6/8 to one side! Smile
Could be I didnt realise Dentonian that Middleton still had Enviro400s in the fleet since the new MMC400s arrived.
(10/05/2017 19:14)Dentonian Wrote:  They were all expected to move to Wigan, but I think 19100/11/5/6 are still at Middleton

I have certainly seen 19116 in use this week.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)