Current time: 29/03/2024, 08:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

In the News
RE: In the News
(31/12/2020 19:29)B10B6514 Wrote:  Courtesy of Sky News, Boris' dad and I'm A Celebrity "star" Stanley Johnson its applying for a French passport so he can keep links with the EU!
Says a lot for his son that????????

he does have a holiday home in France and it probably allows him to expedite his arrival at the border.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And French heritage apparently.
Been a while since there was a post here

Prince Harry will be returning to the UK for the first time since stepping down from royal duties and emigrating to California with Meghan ahead of Prince Phillips funeral next Saturday, Meghan will be unable to travel with Harry as her doctor has ordered her not to travel due to her pregnancy and remain at home. It will also mark the first time that Harry will meet with other members of the Royal family since the couples explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in March where the couple mentioned problems in the Royal Family such as allegations of racism, Meghan being unable to seek help when suffering from suicidal thoughts, and other concerns regarding the family.

Boris Johnson has decided not to attend the Duke's funeral due to COVID rules, allowing family members to attend instead due to the limit of 30 people at funerals, with people urged to stay away from the funeral.

According to former Prime Minister, Sir John Major - he believes that the shared grief over the death of the Duke of Edinburgh is an 'ideal opportunity' to mend any rifts within the Royal Family.

On the day of the Dukes funeral, individual businesses will have the choice to observe the national one minute silence at 15:00 whilst it is not expected for businesses to close during the morning period unless they wish to. The EFL are rescheduling games after 15:00 as a mark of respect.

Tomorrow will see the reopening of non-essential retail, gyms, zoos, and hairdressers. Pubs will also reopen but only in an outdoor setting, I believe an indoor reopening is supposed to happen in May but I can't remember. There is also more relaxations on that day, which can be found below.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56707037
It's been announced today that Southend-on-Sea has been granted city status by The Queen in memory of the late Sir David Amess, who died after being attacked at his constituency surgery on Friday.

Amess had been campaigning for Southend-on-Sea to gain city status during his time in Parliament.
Some very concerning news today, a taxi explosion outside the Liverpool Women's Hospital has resulted in one person being killed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...r-22163617

My condolences are shared with the person who lost their life.

Edit: Three people have now been arrested in relation to the incident.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...t-22162461

The taxi driver was seriously injured but he is in a stable condition, whilst the passenger was declared dead at the scene.
My other half has just told me that 3 men aged 21, 26 & 29 have been arrested by counter terrorism officers in connection with this disgusting crime
Barbados became a republic at 4AM this morning (GMT-4), this means that the Queen is no longer the head of state for the country, her successor is Sandra Mason, who has also became the first president of the island. The island itself will still remain part of the Queen's commonwealth.
Max Verstappen has won his first Formula One World Championship following his win at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix yesterday.

Two protests that were lodged by Mercedes regarding the end of the race have been rejected, although they plan to appeal this decision, they did however win the constructors prize.
That's something new, just read in the ECHO that Conservative MP Damien Moore (Southport MP) and Rosie Cooper (MP for West Lancashire) have launched a joint-bid to have Southport leave the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton and the county of Merseyside altogether to rejoin Lancashire, a county they were part of until the 1970s when they chose to join Merseyside to avoid becoming a non-metropolitan district within Lancashire

News to me!
Following the infamous slapping incident at the Oscars in March, Will Smith has been banned from the Oscars gala and other Academy events for 10 years.

Smith will be able to keep his Oscar, which he won for portraying the father of Venus and Serena Williams in the 'King Richard' film.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)