Current time: 18/05/2024, 17:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
(09/08/2015 16:32)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe 22 has already been sold as a non-pcv. I can't see any being Preserved, as they were only second hand purchases from London, so of little historic significance locally.

Hasn't one gone to a dance troupe in Oldham?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It is interesting to reflect on how we will soon see ex-Arriva London VLWs in service with Rossendale. There are of course some already in service with Arriva North West. Also, with Rossendale already operating former Metroline VPL Presidents, it's a case of vehicles that met in North Finchley now meeting in Bury, Rawtenstall or elsewhere! I hope both batches appear in regular Mon-Sat daytime service.
(09/08/2015 19:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It is interesting to reflect on how we will soon see ex-Arriva London VLWs in service with Rossendale. There are of course some already in service with Arriva North West. Also, with Rossendale already operating former Metroline VPL Presidents, it's a case of vehicles that met in North Finchley now meeting in Bury, Rawtenstall or elsewhere! I hope both batches appear in regular Mon-Sat daytime service.

I presume they will displace 103-110 which will be used on schools since they are older, and for some reason Rosso seem to use Voith gearboxed vehicles less in public service. For example, 258-260 which I believe were scrapped when they were only 9 years old.
(09/08/2015 16:32)Dentonian Wrote:  I believe 22 has already been sold as a non-pcv. I can't see any being Preserved, as they were only second hand purchases from London, so of little historic significance locally.

It's looking possible that one will go to Metrobus enthusiasts, one of the blue-and-yellow examples as they're already in the correct livery!
57 had a minor fire this morning on the 477, it stopped on Newcombe rd with smoke coming from the near side rear wheel arch. I presume it will be ok and back soon as no major damage was done.
Rosso are increasing the frequencies of weekday services on the 468, 469 and 483 routes from next week.

On the 468 route, there will be additional weekday journeys between Bury and Jericho, increasing the frequency to approximately every 10 minutes. Buses between Bury and Rochdale remain at every 20 minutes, as does the Saturday service between Bury, Jericho and Rochdale.

The 469 weekday service between Bury and Tottington will also be increased to every 10 minutes. The Saturday service remains at every 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, There will be an additional hourly 483 service between Bury and Walmersley (terminating two stops after the post office). This will see 7 buses per hour between Bury and Walmersley on services 482, 483 and 484.

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/468.pdf
http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/483.pdf
(25/08/2015 18:18)SF07 Wrote:  Rosso are increasing the frequencies of weekday services on the 468, 469 and 483 routes from next week...

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/468.pdf
http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/483.pdf

Does this mean they will need more vehicles or do they currently have enough to cover these extra services? If 258-260 are in reserve could these possibly return to service until December to cover the extra vehicles required?

Edit: I checked CU04 AMX, CU04 AOP and CU04 AUV on the DVLA site and they are all untaxed and without SORN. This would usually indicate they have been scrapped, if they are off the road they are supposed to have SORN declared.
(24/08/2015 21:45)VolvoB10M Wrote:  57 had a minor fire this morning on the 477, it stopped on Newcombe rd with smoke coming from the near side rear wheel arch. I presume it will be ok and back soon as no major damage was done.

Well, bus 57 was out and about today on service 10 (Edgeside) so whatever you saw can't have been that serious!
(26/08/2015 00:08)JeffJones Wrote:  Well, bus 57 was out and about today on service 10 (Edgeside) so whatever you saw can't have been that serious!

That's good to hear it's ok. I think it's a good job it managed to stop on Newcombe rd, if it stopped in Summerseat I not have made it to Bury on time which would've had serious consequences for me.
Saw 27 today in rochdale out and about. Presuming this has been sold to someone else

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)