Current time: 16/05/2024, 17:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(27/09/2016 05:55)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Are those Scanias going to be sold or scrapped do you know?

I heard they were being converted to driver training, news has it that Elisabeth Tasker is to become the MD if Manchester taking up her post on the 1st november

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/09/2016 09:29)gka472l Wrote:  Interesting, a lifelong Scottish Trident, last in reserve with West Scotland.....is it visible from the road at the side?

Ta!

This is at Chester for schools.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(27/09/2016 12:14)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  This is at Chester for schools.

Yes that right. I believe Stagecoach more new school bus contract and take over from GHA? I've seen Trident 18002 parked at rear of depot.
18002 was out on schools Tuesday 27/09.
Saw it on A51 going towards Chester

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(27/09/2016 07:52)chester285 Wrote:  I heard they were being converted to driver training, news has it that Elisabeth Tasker is to become the MD if Manchester taking up her post on the 1st november
Elisabeth Tasker is a high flyer so her promotion is not surprising.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
10576 was in St. Helens yesterday (28 Sept.) on the 10A. Not the first one here, but not very common.
(29/09/2016 19:52)Dentonian Wrote:  I think she used to be with Stagecoach Manchester in the late noughties before it went downhill. At that time there were competent and well respected people around/above her, so let's hope she will restore the company's sense of direction.

Im sure she was OD with Manchester before becoming MD with Merseyside 5 years ago.
(29/09/2016 19:52)Dentonian Wrote:  I think she used to be with Stagecoach Manchester in the late noughties before it went downhill. At that time there were competent and well respected people around/above her, so let's hope she will restore the company's sense of direction.

Will be interesting to see if Stagecoach Manchester changes much under her control. Would be good to see some kind of tussle with First on Wilmslow rd but as Chris Bowles is staying on in a development role will that put her off making hasty changes.
(01/10/2016 14:02)Dentonian Wrote:  Totally disagree! Getting embroilded in this bus war and the resultant whingeing about city centre congestion, whilst long standing suburban services go to rack and ruin is what needs to stop. This thread is 40 miles too far west to go into detail, but I got caught up in it yet again yesterday.

For once, I agree with Dentonian. In the long term, a (bus) war of attrition is destructive and costly, even for the winner. It's just on thirty years since competition was viewed as the way to go following deregulation and, whilst there have been some benefits, the primary objective - increase bus usage - has not been achieved. Rather, services and usage in urban and rural areas has, in many instances been destroyed.

Here on Merseyside, Stagecoach and Arriva recognise that peaceful co-existence under the new Bus Alliance agreement makes far more sense.
Its the so called bus war in manchester that i think is clogging up oxford road worse than it should be.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)