Current time: 16/05/2024, 15:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
ADL Enviro300 27288 SN65OEG has arrived at Gillmoss depot.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/11/2015 00:23)mbonwick Wrote:  That won't help them - the QPS sets the price of network/multi-operator tickets, and the pricing is designed to get people to purchase them rather than singles/returns in most cases.

Remember also that Stagecoach have the advantage of operating the Sheffield Supertram, and most (all?) Stagecoach passes are also valid on the trams.

Arh I see.
Got to admit it's not an area I follow but will be interesting to see how First respond.
Stagecoach have always been very proactive , quick to react when things need to change , unfortunately TC rulings prevent them from doing anything much quicker , whereas first if they do something its like watching a tortoise .

At one time I was thinking Stagecoach in Merseyside and thinking this isn't going to work , but looking at it now its reinvigorated the bus operating in Liverpool and to a larger extent on the Wirral.
(26/11/2015 08:50)Dentonian Wrote:  It used to be like that in Gtr Manchester. Now its totally the opposite!

Its amazing where the perception in Greater Manchester is that the Stagecoach service is the incumbent operator and incumbent operators always take some stick , Stagecoach in Merseyside is seen as the new kid on the block and is given a bit more wriggle room to improve things , its only my perception looking in .
(26/11/2015 08:50)Dentonian Wrote:  It used to be like that in Gtr Manchester. Now its totally the opposite!

Couldn't agree more!
Is it down to management style though or simply that they have run out of ideas/steam?
(26/11/2015 01:04)Mayneway Wrote:  Arh I see.
Got to admit it's not an area I follow but will be interesting to see how First respond.

Essentially all First could do is get their deckers back in service ASAP (not possible as I believe they've been cascaded) and hope that people come back and have short memories (again unlikely).

The QPS really ties their hands and the damage is already done.
17113 on 14s today and 47743 (X612 OBN) is out on the 990/1/2/3
(26/11/2015 21:45)Dentonian Wrote:  The former. It seems to stem back to wholesale management changes in Autumn 2013, exacerbated by the (allegedly) politically inspired cross city bus war, and a certain rescue deal in April 2014

I'm assuming you mean the JPT rescue/takeover?
(26/11/2015 00:50)buses7675 Wrote:  ADL Enviro300 27288 SN65OEG has arrived at Gillmoss depot.

Ive noticed that 27288 doesn't have a big overhanging nearside mirror arm. I wonder if the rest will be like this and if so, then why the sudden change from the Merseyside management.

Also to note, as from Sunday, the only route registered to pick up passengers on Lime Street is the 10A. Every other Stagecoach route is drop off only. Supposed to help the flow of traffic on Lime Street. Not sure if Arriva have done the same but im sure they will as it sounds like a Merseytravel request.
Steven Knight media reports that 34786-90 are due for Stagecoach West, plus 34816/8 have gone to Stagecoach Midlands. http://www.stevenknightmedia.com/fleet-news-ramblings

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)