Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Can we just put this to bed? If everyone was clear in their posts then we would not have such confusion over who means what and so on.

In actual GM news, with the 83/4 going, I wonder what is left for the Solos to do? There are the Kirkby Circulars but aside from that little else, the 83/4 did fairly ok whenever I had seen or used them too. I suppose it depends how many were pass users and so on.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The only other things the solo's could be used for and sometimes are is the 133, other than that I can't think of anything else.
(19/07/2012 17:56)bolton bus basher Wrote:  am on about merseytravel tenders and am not just on about now am on about at all obv....

Yes, SC MY&SL do bid on Merseytravel tenders.

(Incidentally, companies house reveals Stagecoach UK Bus Events have been around since 1987 - though inactive - and were previously called Robson Town Service Ltd. Guessing that was some sort of takeover that's just been renamed (Nov 2010 mentioned) for olympics work. Any info on Robson Town Service appreciated)
Stagecoach will use the solos on the 133, 197 and 198. with possibly the odd one on the 217/227 like last year

An example of this was 47710 on the 133 today
The Kirkby circulars were already mentioned for the Solo's with the 133 being the obvious one as having used to live in Kirkby they were common on there. However, the 217/227 never seen one on there so the one that was seen would have been rare.
(19/07/2012 19:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The Kirkby circulars were already mentioned for the Solo's with the 133 being the obvious one as having used to live in Kirkby they were common on there. However, the 217/227 never seen one on there so the one that was seen would have been rare.

They were on the 217/227 for about a month last year when they arrived back from Optare and the 217/227 still went to the Rail Stn, and have made the odd appearance thereafter Smile
Forgive me if I'm missing something here...

Current allocation of Solos;
2 for 197/8
2 for 133
1 for 70/86H
1 spare

83/4 is allocated for 3 darts, so when they go it could mean the end of SPDs, or darts could be booked onto 17 to get 3 B10BLEs off.
The 70 had a PVR of 1 daytime, the 86H was 1 daytime with the extra peak trips covered by the same Solo that operated the 70 earlier in the day.

Both of these have now been withdrawn giving 2 spare Solos. The 83/84 usually is Solo operated, even before the 86H/70 were withdrawn.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Ah right, thanks Steve.
Again, the fleetcard PVR tells a different story of how things should be on paper.

The 70/86H board you referred to is the one I also referred to above.
The other board;
86H/786 is down for a sole dart.

However, if the 83/4 are going that does indeed limit scope for further Solo usage. (Apologies, you'd probably all already come to that conclusion but I was distracted by BBBs post).

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Chorley will be losing 6 Solos and probably 2 darts at the same time. It could well be that 34680 heads to Gillmoss and another Solo or something is pulled. It's also been rumoured that Manchester are after upto 5 Solos to replace their mini darts.
The 133 ususally had 2x Darts on there, often a 53 reg' as aposed to a 05 and 55.
With the 70 and 86H gone it's now a Different story Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)