Current time: 16/05/2024, 03:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
I wouldn't say they are, maybe compared to First but locally Arrivas refurbs are to a much higher standard. A lot of these Darts are sounding rough and looking tired inside, they were largely unsuitable for a place like Liverpool anyway. SPDs seem to be an everyday thing on the 82 and 86 now too, which is a QBP breach so seems odd to see them on there everyday. Oddly there was a 55 plate Dart on the 20 the other day too, not saw one of those on there for some time.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What's the point in Gillmoss spending money on the darts when in the next few weeks it will most likely be confirmed that further Enviro300s are on order?
Stagecoach are not the type of firm to waste money on doing up buses, only to sell them for scrapping in a few weeks, or sell them cheap to another operator in a few weeks. Indeed, they did do up two B10M-55s at Manchester, then sold them for a fairly good price to Classic Bus North West.

My former employers, Focus DIY, were good at spending loads of money on something that they would bin a few weeks later. Now you know one reason why they're not in business anymore!
Fair shout as we have seen arriva p&p some vehicles only to scrap them a year later due to their age and that is certainly a waste of money. Plus in some cases vehicles have been p&p an been no better in ride quaity etc, with the stagecoach darts I personally don't think they are that bad but its true that they are not suitable for most routes operated by stagecoach on merseyside.
I should perhaps elaborate a little further on what I said earlier.

Refurbs for a depots vehicles are paid for out of the depots yearly budget, which is set by UK Head Office in Perth. Clearly if the darts are due to transfer elsewhere shortly (as in next few months), then depots become unwilling to spend their cash (which inevitably is always too little!) for the benefit of someone else.
Was in Gillmoss yesterday and there was a few SF04 plate darts over the pits with legals for Stagecoach Chester. Didnt get chance to look at the envrios but did note the recovery truck has been painted and looks very Smart. Couldnt get a pic as it was in the paintshop still.
One thing i did note was an enviro undergoing a front end rebuild
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/01/2013 13:28)J654UHN Wrote:  Was in Gillmoss yesterday and there was a few SF04 plate darts over the pits with legals for Stagecoach Chester. Didnt get chance to look at the envrios but did note the recovery truck has been painted and looks very Smart. Couldnt get a pic as it was in the paintshop still.
One thing i did note was an enviro undergoing a front end rebuild

Cannot be long now then with the website and legals appearing. Smile

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Are they trading as Stagecoach Chester or Merseyside? Of the post above I am guessing it is GTL trading as Stagecoach Chester, Gillmoss ...... as per Merseyside?
Stagecoach in Chester T/a Glenvale Transport
With Rice Lane being shut tonight there was a few strange diversions taken. Most were taking the simple Orrell Park/Southport Road diversion. However I followed a 21 all the way down Southport Road turning right onto Bridle Road, then right on to Park Lane. At this point I went a different direction, but in order for him to get back on route the driver would have had to go up Warbreck Moor before turning left on to Hall Lane then left again on to Longmoor Lane.

However strangest one I cannot quite get my head round is the 162 coming up Netherton Way from Dunningsbridge towards Southport Road heading for Bootle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)