Current time: 16/05/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(27/08/2012 20:05)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Its not as if the solos can be used on the 133 anymore as Stagecoach will not be doing that anymore so the only use for them is on the 197/198 Kirkby circulars, we will have to wait and see.
I can see them being made redundant here; they've gradually lost suitable work for themselves recently.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I wouldn't be surprised to see Manchester taking said Solos to replace their 51 regs.

On the subject of Solos, I really hope Chorley use a pair of their recent withdrawn examples to replace their 2 darts.
Find all posts by this user
(27/08/2012 21:59)mbonwick Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised to see Manchester taking said Solos to replace their 51 regs.
Well, six Solos for two services which require two buses in total is a bit over the top, especially when the Solos are unsuitable for other services! I wouldn't expect all of the Solos to leave Gillmoss but I'd expect two more standard midi-buses in exchange - for example, MPDs - to arrive for the 197/198, but it does depend on whether they're available and whether the services are worth it (and whether they'll manage [or want to] to keep the contract in the future).

the solos are often out on the 162 off a night as well
(27/08/2012 23:10)ste Wrote:  the solos are often out on the 162 off a night as well
That's because either one or both 133s go onto the 162 in the evening. Some (or all of the) other 162s are buses that have been on the 53 during the day.

possibly both mate as iv often seen two solos pass each other on the route so i assumed the majority of them were solo operated
(27/08/2012 23:45)ste Wrote:  possibly both mate as iv often seen two solos pass each other on the route so i assumed the majority of them were solo operated
Well, if both Solos start in Crosby, they should be operating about an hour between each-other because the 133 is hourly. With them losing the 133 soon, though, buses will probably have to start at the depot. The other 53s that don't go onto the 162 do 53As to Aintree and finish there for the night.

Have any Dennis Tridents been re-engined recently ? Some are sounding pretty quick off the mark compared to others. Remind me of Prestons

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
17325 TSU 641 is apparently re-engined with a Euro4 engine, according to info on my photo of this bus from someone who was involved in the work on it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buses7675/6196025062/

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Ah I thought so! I'm thinking they're could be another one TSU as you pointed out is deffinaltey one I'll have to listen out next time il around :p

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)