Current time: 16/05/2024, 22:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(04/02/2017 10:50)wirralbus Wrote:  That was probably during the time when the old age zone tickets had the evening peak restrictions , without that restriction the afternoon service just rolls till the evening slow down.

It was more to do that in those days (when there were far higher levels of full-time employment) factories worked 8-5 and offices worked 9-5. Today work patterns are very different and buses carry more leisure passengers at off peak times thanks to the myriad of pre-paid tickets, something that was not available thirty or so years ago.

But back on topic, IF the 20/21 do get deckers, it will be interesting to see if the timetable is tweaked accordingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I very much doubt the new Enviro400s are for the 20/21. A fair number will be required to fully convert the 82/86/86C routes, leaving the remaining figure well short of the large 20/21 PVR. Best guess for the remainder would be the 10A where the 16 plate batch is already quite common in small numbers.
(04/02/2017 18:00)507009 Wrote:  I very much doubt the new Enviro400s are for the 20/21. A fair number will be required to fully convert the 82/86/86C routes, leaving the remaining figure well short of the large 20/21 PVR. Best guess for the remainder would be the 10A where the 16 plate batch is already quite common in small numbers.

There were quite a few deckers on the 20/21, probably because there was an Everton home game.
(04/02/2017 18:26)Barney Wrote:  There were quite a few deckers on the 20/21, probably because there was an Everton home game.

Don't get me wrong: I hope this becomes permanent. There is no bus corridor on Merseyside that needs a capacity boost more than the 20/21. They might make a start with those that are left over once the 82/86/86C is fully converted, but that's it.
the 82/86 is not getting fully covered, these are for the 20/21

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10832 on the 14 with 10543 on the 20/21

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
10568 is on the 10A, left St Helens about 5 mins ago

34804 has just past me at Whiston Hospital on a 10A to St Helens!

10829 was also on the 20 today nice to see the MMC's being used over a fair variety of routes to be honest

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
New Enviro 400s are for the 20/21. They have been photographed in Gillmoss yard for routes 20/21.

User(s) browsing this thread: 77 Guest(s)