Current time: 09/05/2024, 20:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
19070 even lasted onto lates

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27776 is on X22 today in Chester Bus Exchange now whilst 27780 is on 16's (0753)
Find all posts by this user
I suppose it wont be long now before the vehicles used on the X22 are called in to have there route branding removed from them , so the vehicles can be used elsewhere .
The use of x8 buses on other routes is a daily occurrence as they interwork at certain times

I am no longer active on this forum.
Is the 38 going to be cut back to West Kirby from Heswall , now that the main reason the bus was extended to Heswall the X22 is getting withdrawn.
Saw an x22 heading towards heswall with a healthy loading, shame they are withdrawing then service.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
This is a strange one really the X22.

I was on one about 5 weeks ago and to say the bus was to fit to burst at the seams from Chester was an understatement . I found once the service left Neston towards Heswall the passengers dwindled to a handful.

Maybe a thought could be that the X22 could have operated Hooton Station - Willaston- Neston - Chester . Therefore passengers in Willaston get services to both Neston and Chester. Its only a pipe dream now though.
I've always wondered why they've not ran through willaston, an affordable bus link really is needed through these isolated areas.

Also cant help wondering why Stagecoach (or Arriva for that matter) havnt snatched up any of Imperas old commercial routes, in particular the 39 between New Brighton and West Kirby as it always seemed busy.. (until impera killed it off with numerous radical timetable changes)..

Its surprising ,with Stagecoach being as ruthless as they are elsewhere, that they still havnt made their way into Wallasey. I doubt they'd directly rival Arriva, but there are still potential routes in that area.

I am no longer active on this forum.
I would suspect one of the reason's why Stagecoach haven't moved on Wallasey is that Arriva would probably move in a bigger way on the Liverpool - Chester corridor .

To be honest in the last year that corridor has seen the Arriva content drop dramatically from the hey day when Arriva ran into Ellesmere port on numerous routes.
Stagecoach MCSL management dont want to start a bus war with Arriva hence why they havnt got routes going to certain places.

User(s) browsing this thread: 104 Guest(s)