Current time: 05/05/2024, 12:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(15/02/2013 22:24)SNL 824 Wrote:  Agreed - before we had 2 major operators - after we have 2 major oprators - totally pointless exercise - job creation scheme for the OFT.
If West Coast Motors (West scotland) took over Western Greyhound (Cornwall) the Oft would want to investigate, to justify there own existence, bunch of parasites!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/02/2013 22:46)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(15/02/2013 22:24)SNL 824 Wrote:  Agreed - before we had 2 major operators - after we have 2 major oprators - totally pointless exercise - job creation scheme for the OFT.
If West Coast Motors (West scotland) took over Western Greyhound (Cornwall) the Oft would want to investigate, to justify there own existence, bunch of parasites!

yep! Angry
Not sure if noted yet, but i dont want to sift through pages and pages of posts to see if its been said already...

Chester sightseeing D251 FYM (39939) is at Ensign Bus, Purfleet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/847...hotostream

I am no longer active on this forum.
(15/02/2013 23:21)R874 ERE Wrote:  Not sure if noted yet, but i dont want to sift through pages and pages of posts to see if its been said already...

Chester sightseeing D251 FYM (39939) is at Ensign Bus, Purfleet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/847...hotostream
I don’t think it has been mentioned. D183 FYM (39933/14163) is/was parked out outside Wrexham last night on a quick visit I did. It hasn’t moved since it was taken out of the building on 11th January. D251 FYM (39939) was parked next to it that night and subsequent days, but disappeared later that week, so looks like 39933 might be joining 39939 soon.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
I've sure I've heard recently that Stagecoach are referring all their take over's to the OFT themselves due to something that happened in the past with one of their take overs, not sure which one though, might sound daft but I think its just to check everything is above board, no surprises with this one really as they did the same with Wigan and we should hear the outcome of that towards the end of the month
Yes, think I heard that as well, might even have been mentioned on here a few pages back.
It may of been the one over the preston bus takeover as they got told they had to sell it on and im sure at the end of it all they could of kept hold of it from what i was told.
(16/02/2013 07:17)M60lad Wrote:  I've sure I've heard recently that Stagecoach are referring all their take over's to the OFT themselves.

The only take-over that I am aware of , that Stagecoach them selfs, have referred to the OFT is the proposed take-over of Bluebird of Middleton (Manchester).

Announcement was due on the 6th February, but been delayed until the end of the month.
Actually, one effect of Stagecoach taking over First Chester/Wirral is that there is one fewer operator serving Liverpool. However, there is no reduction in competition on any route so this shouldn't be a problem, unless the OFT decide otherwise.
In most of the operators area it is basically status quo as all it involves is the change from First to Stagecoach with no material difference in competition . It just seems the OFT has a dislike of the big operators.

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)