Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
RIP...

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Id quite like to get on N423 JBV in Chester. Is it often used on public service? The past few times ive been to chester its been parked in the depot with the LGH.

34228 on 7s today,

Luke

It can sometimes get into public service, not often though, but when it is it is usually on either 5 and 9's or 51/53's.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Noted A 53 plate Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban in Rock Ferry Depot today with Chester 2 on the destination (normal layout) which dwpot is it for Rock Ferry or Chester and are anymore due
I was told at RF there was to be a large fleet change at some point after the olympics finished, we should expect some 53 plate volvos to replace older scanias, maybe its begun!

First need to look at the offering there now providing for the 38 and 41/2 , these seem to be the poor relations .

At one time the 41/2 was a merseytravel pet project (Smart) as well shows you how the route seems to have fallen out of favour .
I agree there, I remember the SMART scheme when it first started, considering how successful the 41/2 has been its a shame to see it go downhill.

Interesting how first stopped late 41/2s then Avon started the 40/40A which is still running strong and seems quite successful..

As for the 38, where do we start!

I was told a couple of weeks back from a reliable source a RF there has been talk of network expansion too, would be nice to see first birkenhead as big as they used to be again, its a shame to see them have gone down hill!

Luke

First if they was to expand would need to start operating in Wallasey , the one place in the Wirral that First havent really shown a real interest in apart from there brief foray on the 32 Liverpool - New Brighton.

Moreton - New Brighton is ripe for First , it might improve arriva in the process , more competition usually = more reliability.
Sounds like they are fattening up the goose for sale...
I was on work experience with first birkenhead in september, they did consider New Brighton to West Kirby (aka imperas 39) but decided not to as they thought it wouldnt do them any good... bet they regret it now!

i think first should venture out further than woodchurch road, birkenhead and thr A41... an extra few minutes on the 71/2 from Heswall to Neston would do well especially with fares as high as Helms have them on the 272 and could also compliment Avons 22/4 as its quite infrequent - simple things like this would do them the world of good

But you are right - venture out into Liscard, Wallasey - plenty of potential on the wirral, it just requires a bit of thinking!

Luke

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)