Current time: 20/05/2024, 23:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
(07/03/2022 13:21)EDB325 Wrote:  It looks as if one of these will become. 772URB, as YN55NKX passed me in Sale earlier.

772URB is currently on a 2009 Enviro200, came off the decker a while back
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Goodwins have apparently bought Mayne Coaches and rescued the fleet and jobs. A driver told me that some staff are moving from Eccles to Warrington from today as the Altrincham services will now be operated from there.
(07/03/2022 20:32)60301 Wrote:  Goodwins have apparently bought Mayne Coaches and rescued the fleet and jobs. A driver told me that some staff are moving from Eccles to Warrington from today as the Altrincham services will now be operated from there.

Not sure about that. Last weeks notices and proceeds had a new application for a Mayne coaches license and the new director is named as andrew garratt
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/03/2022 13:21)EDB325 Wrote:  It looks as if one of these will become. 772URB, as YN55NKX passed me in Sale earlier.

That Scania now operates for Carsville / Elite.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
(07/03/2022 21:06)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Not sure about that. Last weeks notices and proceeds had a new application for a Mayne coaches license and the new director is named as andrew garratt

No link to back it up I’m afraid but I’m sure that the buyers were linked to or are proctors (leeming bar)
Seems to be lots of Chinese whispers at the moment. Maynes coaches is in administration however both the former Fairclough street site in Manchester and the Warrington site are listed as belonging to another limited company associated with the Mayne family so they basically rent the land to themselves. Any deal with another operator I doubt would include the Warrington site as I’m sure they would make more money selling off for housing.

There was a rumour last week that Goodwins had acquired the diary, name (Mayne Travel) and were to take over the finance/leasing on a couple of coaches and that a new licence would be applied for but not seen anything in N&P yet.
(07/03/2022 22:59)Mayneway Wrote:  Seems to be lots of Chinese whispers at the moment. Maynes coaches is in administration however both the former Fairclough street site in Manchester and the Warrington site are listed as belonging to another limited company associated with the Mayne family so they basically rent the land to themselves. Any deal with another operator I doubt would include the Warrington site as I’m sure they would make more money selling off for housing.

There was a rumour last week that Goodwins had acquired the diary, name (Mayne Travel) and were to take over the finance/leasing on a couple of coaches and that a new licence would be applied for but not seen anything in N&P yet.

Only thing I've seen is this for what looks like a new name without the debt for "Mayne travel Ltd". Screenshot attached

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(07/03/2022 23:24)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Only thing I've seen is this for what looks like a new name without the debt for "Mayne travel Ltd". Screenshot attached

Ah, just looked on companies house and lewis goodwin is listed as a director of Mayne travel
(07/03/2022 20:32)60301 Wrote:  Goodwins have apparently bought Mayne Coaches and rescued the fleet and jobs. A driver told me that some staff are moving from Eccles to Warrington from today as the Altrincham services will now be operated from there.
(07/03/2022 21:06)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Not sure about that. Last weeks notices and proceeds had a new application for a Mayne coaches license and the new director is named as andrew garratt
(07/03/2022 22:20)djb Wrote:  No link to back it up I’m afraid but I’m sure that the buyers were linked to or are proctors (leeming bar)

It seems we're all correct.

(07/03/2022 23:28)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Ah, just looked on companies house and lewis goodwin is listed as a director of Mayne travel

I don’t believe this Lewis Goodwin has any connection to the Goodwins in Manchester. The owners son is called Louis not Lewis, unless they have spelt it wrong.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)