Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
A strange question that's been bugging me all day today, probably not related to HT.

I saw a bus at the stop outside DW in Widnes. It was red and white with 'Link Network' branding (never heard of it!). The motto "Serving, Warrington, Widnes and St Helens" was also all of the bus.

It then returned last DW again 10 mins later, towards Halton View. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a new operator, or something to do with Halton Transport?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/01/2016 17:10)GWD0595 Wrote:  A strange question that's been bugging me all day today, probably not related to HT.

I saw a bus at the stop outside DW in Widnes. It was red and white with 'Link Network' branding (never heard of it!). The motto "Serving, Warrington, Widnes and St Helens" was also all of the bus.

It then returned last DW again 10 mins later, towards Halton View. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a new operator, or something to do with Halton Transport?

Hope this thread answers your questions Smile
http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1102
This may well have been reported earlier. It's just that last Saturday I rode Enviro200 14 on route 17. I was surprised that it had been refurbished and now has brown leather seats with small Halton Transport logos on them!
(30/01/2016 21:04)Metroline1511 Wrote:  This may well have been reported earlier. It's just that last Saturday I rode Enviro200 14 on route 17. I was surprised that it had been refurbished and now has brown leather seats with small Halton Transport logos on them!

Brown leather seats been on them since October or so and some of Halton's fleet have wifi but when I tried connecting on a 17 branded enviro no signal could be found
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A omnicity was involved in quite a serious RTA earlier today on the 62. No reports of any serious injurys but there is significant damage to both car and bus so probably some minor injuries. It has to be noted that it is at the same set of traffic lights that the Ashcroft Marshall Dart crashed at back in 2014. Using this route daily my heart has been in my mouth a few times at these lights as I've witnessed a number of near misses. Drivers never really seem to slow down much and just go through at full pelt most of the time, nothing wrong here if the lights are on green but drivers should still take it into account, especially owing to the junctions history. Don't get me wrong however as on both occasions it appears to have been the car drivers fault.
(30/01/2016 22:41)Lynx Wrote:  A omnicity was involved in quite a serious RTA earlier today on the 62. No reports of any serious injurys but there is significant damage to both car and bus so probably some minor injuries. It has to be noted that it is at the same set of traffic lights that the Ashcroft Marshall Dart crashed at back in 2014. Using this route daily my heart has been in my mouth a few times at these lights as I've witnessed a number of near misses. Drivers never really seem to slow down much and just go through at full pelt most of the time, nothing wrong here if the lights are on green but drivers should still take it into account, especially owing to the junctions history. Don't get me wrong however as on both occasions it appears to have been the car drivers fault.

Perhaps the answer to reducing the accidents here is adding a few extra seconds to the red lights before they turn green as drivers will be able to get across and those behind can brake. Also add those cameras on the top of traffic lights if they aren't already there. Cheap way to reducing RTAs and RTCs.

Back to the fleet news which omnicity was involved?
Never seen cameras on top of traffic lights before. Ive seen the motions sensors, like little boxes that i suppose in some way could be mistaken for cameras
(31/01/2016 10:24)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Never seen cameras on top of traffic lights before. Ive seen the motions sensors, like little boxes that i suppose in some way could be mistaken for cameras

They are traffic motion sensors on the top not cameras as they have them facing pelican crossings as well. Cameras are placed normally slightly behind the lights on a seperate pole.
(31/01/2016 07:57)RedPanda Wrote:  Perhaps the answer to reducing the accidents here is adding a few extra seconds to the red lights before they turn green as drivers will be able to get across and those behind can brake. Also add those cameras on the top of traffic lights if they aren't already there. Cheap way to reducing RTAs and RTCs.

Back to the fleet news which omnicity was involved?

I see your point but it wouldn't seem to make much difference in adding a extra few seconds. The two incidents I've mentioned aren't isolated incidents either, there are far to many near misses. More worryingly I've seen it to many times where drivers have jumped lights. This has been more limited to the quieter parts of the busway around Astmoor where drivers have a better view of traffic crossing the busway but it still shouldn't be occurring as there is still a element of risk involved.
(31/01/2016 11:14)Lynx Wrote:  I see your point but it wouldn't seem to make much difference in adding a extra few seconds. The two incidents I've mentioned aren't isolated incidents either, there are far to many near misses. More worryingly I've seen it to many times where drivers have jumped lights. This has been more limited to the quieter parts of the busway around Astmoor where drivers have a better view of traffic crossing the busway but it still shouldn't be occurring as there is still a element of risk involved.

It must be the motion sensors then I'm thinking of.
I've never been on that route but those few extra seconds of a red light in theory works. Another option may be reducing the speed limit at the junction and putting speed cameras there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)