Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(27/11/2015 12:44)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Straight from the horses mouth. Thats proof enough for me.

That's fine. :-)

I'm guessing all of Halton's employees know about it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Only when you hear four horses and a bit of clattering behind it can you be certain it's a stagecoach :P
Surely if Stagecoach had acquired Halton there would be a massive song and dance made? Think about it- they are then in a prime position to attack Arriva's Runcorn and South Liverpool services - the 14 is essentially the same as the 79 and 79c for the most part of the journey- that alone would be a massive gain for them, as well as a South Liverpool depot to reduce dead miles on the 82/86 etc.
Wouldn't Stagecoach have had to have made an announcement to the stock exchange if this was true, given the fact that it could have a material effect on the share price.
Considering Stagecoach have tried to purchase the operations at least 6 times previously, it's highly irregular and to just sell up would indicate an essential part of the business has become problematic or an offer has been made that would be stupid to refuse, but why sell up a performing business?

Most if not all buses are DDA standard, all maintenance is in-house, The average fleet age is reasonable, They operate more services than ever previously in their history (including Schools).
The only apparent problems in recent years has been the impact of the fuel allowance, disability passes, currently the amount of drivers is low and any impact made by the plans to integrate the bus network into one.
True or otherwise, but I can imagine that some councils might be tempted to sell their bus companies to raise money to compensate the funds that Mr Osborne is forever cutting.

Of course, local bus passengers will probably come to regret any change of ownership. There may be a token batch of new buses - followed in a few months by higher fares, worse services and the arrival of older buses cascaded from elsewhere within whichever group is the buyer.
Talking to employees no one knows anything about it and without any official confirmation it's probably just another idle rumour.
I agree Lynx. I'd also go on to add, it can't be very good for the employees to hear or read about such things on forums, before they've been officially announced.
It's all a load of bollocks. Halton don't need to sell. End of.
(28/11/2015 21:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It's all a load of bollocks. Halton don't need to sell. End of.

Hear hear! They're in a stronger position than ever right now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)