Current time: 07/05/2024, 21:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(13/08/2013 09:39)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It's a bit worse when "Black Blank 64" is shown also. It's a real shame as it would get Widnes passnegers home a hell of a lot faster, if they are aware of the route

There's some differencing in programming with the ELC's however, There is at least one which tends to show just the school/college route number on it's own in the middle on the front dest, and there is at least one which shows it at the end with a black blank. (They're not set up badly by drivers either as it's the same bus, different routes, different drivers. I think #48 rings a bell for one of them).

Yep: I've seen the Mini-Dart on morning college runs through parts of Warrington, with a blank destination.
Definitely not ideal!
But I suppose at least it's better than not having destinations for the higher frequency runs on there.

Thanks to St Helens Rider on the VOSA thread for the following:

PC0001376/3 - HALTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A HALTON TRANSPORT, MOOR LANE, WIDNES, WA8 7AF
Variation Accepted: Operating between Liverpool One Bus Station and Runcorn, Murdishaw given service number 61 effective from 30-Sep-2013. To amend Timetable.

Hopefully this will be to co-ordinate the times with the 62(a) to create a service roughly every 7/8 minutes between Widnes, Runcorn, Halton Lea and Murdishaw, during MS daytime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looking forward to the 14f myself, I think 48 is the one with the blank display. I see 21 most mornings displaying 639 with a blank destination not a hundred percent sure were this service serves but there's never a single person on it. On a plus saw 71 on a early morning 2 yesterday!!!! Parked back in its usual spot in the yard now, dont ask me why it was out! Didnt seem a shortage of busses and there's no school services at the minute for obvious reasons.

Today, around 2.15, I saw a 62 for "Widnes, Vicarage Road" coming down Deacon Road, just as I was crossing near the bus stop out of Halifax. It didn't turn down Albert Road, but continued onwards towards Green Oaks. I saw that there were passengers on board.

Does anyone know why the 62 was following this route? This seems to be part of the route that the new 62 route will follow from 2nd September? But why was that running today?!
(20/08/2013 19:26)GWD0595 Wrote:  Today, around 2.15, I saw a 62 for "Widnes, Vicarage Road" coming down Deacon Road, just as I was crossing near the bus stop out of Halifax. It didn't turn down Albert Road, but continued onwards towards Green Oaks. I saw that there were passengers on board.

Does anyone know why the 62 was following this route? This seems to be part of the route that the new 62 route will follow from 2nd September? But why was that running today?!

Services are diverted away from Asda due to road works, same applies to Arriva.
Monday 19th to Friday 24th August Services 79C, 82A and 110 will follow a diversion. Towards Widnes services will operate via Kingsway, Deacon Road - omitting Asda Widnes. Towards Runcorn services will operate via Bradley Way, Deacon Road, Kingsway again omitting Asda Widnes.
Just noticed this myself, wasn't expecting it personally. What services have the new solos been seen on? Iv seen 58 on a 2 up to now but thats it.

Just noticed that the HT website has been updated with all the new timetables etc! Smile

I haven't seen the new Solo's around? Do they have the 26/A branding on them?
(21/08/2013 21:04)GWD0595 Wrote:  Just noticed that the HT website has been updated with all the new timetables etc! Smile

Well someone must be working overtime: they weren't there when I checked, only about 2 hours ago!
EDIT: Perhaps I am being dim, but I can't find the new timetables on there?

I doubt that any of the second batch of Solos will be branded.
If one is though, my money would be on the 27 route.
I think that the 2nd batch will be unbranded for the 2, but there is a possibility that one may be branded in the future for the 27. On the other hand I seen a Marshall Capital broken down at green oaks yesterday with the yellow fleet surport vechile on scene, didn't get a number but it was possibly 29 as I seen it from the roundabout.

(23/08/2013 07:14)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I think that the 2nd batch will be unbranded for the 2, but there is a possibility that one may be branded in the future for the 27. On the other hand I seen a Marshall Capital broken down at green oaks yesterday with the yellow fleet surport vechile on scene, didn't get a number but it was possibly 29 as I seen it from the roundabout.

It was 21 that had broken down
(23/08/2013 10:59)Arriva3137 Wrote:  
(23/08/2013 07:14)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I think that the 2nd batch will be unbranded for the 2, but there is a possibility that one may be branded in the future for the 27. On the other hand I seen a Marshall Capital broken down at green oaks yesterday with the yellow fleet surport vechile on scene, didn't get a number but it was possibly 29 as I seen it from the roundabout.

It was 21 that had broken down

Thanks mate, I could only see the top half of the bus and the fleet surrport vechile parked up.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)