Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
I know this may be really obvious to some people, but I've only recently got into busses (moreover, Halton Transport). What were the differences between the Service 2 and 12 when they were both running? I always wondered but never paid any attention to them! :P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/05/2013 19:20)GWD0595 Wrote:  I know this may be really obvious to some people, but I've only recently got into busses (moreover, Halton Transport). What were the differences between the Service 2 and 12 when they were both running? I always wondered but never paid any attention to them! :P

The only difference was around Coronation Drive.
The 12 went up by Hough Green Station, but the 2 just went straight down Coronation Drive, with the two routes joining at Ditchfield Road, so the 2 was the shorter of the two routes.

I might be wrong since I've never caught the Sunday 2a, but I think that in terms of the old routes it does a 2 from Widnes to the end of Coronation Drive, and then a 12 from that point back to Widnes.
Not unusual, but worth a mention that #73, #74 and #77 are all on long 14s.
77 and 78 were on the Long 14s on Friday too.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
The older Marshall Capitals have been having quite a lot of breathing space lately. I have noticed every single one out and about at one point or another in the last few days, and its not just been for school services either!

#57 was on the 44(am) yesterday in place of the usual Marshall/ELC
#3 was on the 2 today
Just thought I would point out that one of the MCVs is sounding in a very bad way. Didnt catch the number as I was walking up a street and was looking at it side on. But its engine is sounding very rough and there is a awful rattle coming from it. It was either on the 14/14a or the 2 yesterday.

Their is one MCV that seems to have a loud air release blast before it stops& a his of a Gemini afterwards, I know with the Allison gearbox they do tend to release air when coming to a stop however, 46 despite the cooling fan sounds like a good bus

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Was on 46 today funnily enough. Is quite a nice bus. A few months ago someone asked me to confirm the status of 71 and 72, I now need someone to confirm there status for me as I have not seen either of them on a service for near a month and now i cant see them in the yard, the pits, or the shed. Also thinking that 30 and 33 getting LED blinds was to give 2 extra buses that could run to the hive without showing a incorect display. But this doesn't seem to matter as I have seen neither bus on a 14a for a little while.

First time I have seen this, but saw bus 21 operating on route 26A (at trafflic lights near Lunts Heath Road) at around 3.20pm today.

Around 10 minutes earlier I saw one of the Solo's on the 26 going the other way back to Widnes.

I wonder where the other 2 Solo's were for the 26A? :P

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)