Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
From the "college" point of view it won't work well for students as college weekly passes (Which can be used on all services and weekends, under bursary subsidation) are £8.50 for Halton and £8.50 for Arriva. So There will be a large proportion of unhappy scholars who can't use passes on half of the buses en-route!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/05/2013 21:22)HaltonNational Wrote:  
(30/04/2013 21:36)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Yes it is good they have never really done anything with the old power blinds. I remember when Halton bought there first few ELCs and they were fitted with power blinds, but then to my surprise one comes round the corner with LEDs not 8 weeks after delivery!!! I was quite confused by halton, its seemed a bit silly. I was in there depot about a year ago and they still had the old ELC powerblinds as well as a bunch of other ones from old Leyland Lynx's as well as some other spare numbers and stuff it was pretty cool. I keep meaning to enquire about a purchase price for 1 or 2 I would just love to own one, I really dont know why! But that brings me on to something, I am really missing haltons old lynx's they were up there as one of my favorite fleets ever. I loved the roar of the engine, the interior, the smell, the speed!! Although some did get a bit sluggish in there old age. Id do anything just to see them parked up in the yard next to a solo, and id do even more to see them working a long 14 and even more to ride one on a long 14, just one last time!!

Ive already enquired about the blinds a few months ago when 30 and 33 were fitted with the LED ones. I was told they were not for sale. I feel the exact sameway about the Lynxs i certainly miss everything about them they were such a unique bus with so many qualitys. Most schooldays i used to go out and get a lynx (that was rarely on a normal route towards the end of there life) from ditchfield road about 14.25 the last 12 of the day and ride it to Green Oaks were expired turned into a 2 to Halebank and then im presuming ran a school/college service from there. It was a fantastic ride mostly empty the whole way. I used to love the mix and match seats in them. From the old cream swirls on the royal red background to the multi coloured pattern. God i miss them. Nothing in Haltons fleet currently has that much character.

They did have a lot of character, they were great. I used to love them old red with white swirl seats as well as there being the mix and match ones. I hope that halton will maybe one day do a special with one of the preserved lynx's . I know you can still ride them occasionaly but I want to ride one on a Runcorn to Liverpool 14. Also does anyone know if any of haltons sold lynx's are still in service with any other operater. It is funny that the refuse to sell you a few blinds. They have quite a few there that have never been used and quite a few that are old ones that halton will never use again just like the old lynx ones. Its bizarre as well how they just leave the blinds that are in the old darts now which are in a bad way when they have never used ones in mint condition. I remember my last ever ride on a lynx on a commercial service, it was a 14 to Liverpool!!!!!! It was on the 29th of july 2010. I was really astonished that it was on a long 14 as it was becoming quite rare to see a Marshall Capital on a Liverpool 14 let alone a lynx!!!! Does anyone know when its last commercial service was?

(02/05/2013 21:23)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(01/05/2013 21:22)HaltonNational Wrote:  
(30/04/2013 21:36)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Yes it is good they have never really done anything with the old power blinds. I remember when Halton bought there first few ELCs and they were fitted with power blinds, but then to my surprise one comes round the corner with LEDs not 8 weeks after delivery!!! I was quite confused by halton, its seemed a bit silly. I was in there depot about a year ago and they still had the old ELC powerblinds as well as a bunch of other ones from old Leyland Lynx's as well as some other spare numbers and stuff it was pretty cool. I keep meaning to enquire about a purchase price for 1 or 2 I would just love to own one, I really dont know why! But that brings me on to something, I am really missing haltons old lynx's they were up there as one of my favorite fleets ever. I loved the roar of the engine, the interior, the smell, the speed!! Although some did get a bit sluggish in there old age. Id do anything just to see them parked up in the yard next to a solo, and id do even more to see them working a long 14 and even more to ride one on a long 14, just one last time!!

Ive already enquired about the blinds a few months ago when 30 and 33 were fitted with the LED ones. I was told they were not for sale. I feel the exact sameway about the Lynxs i certainly miss everything about them they were such a unique bus with so many qualitys. Most schooldays i used to go out and get a lynx (that was rarely on a normal route towards the end of there life) from ditchfield road about 14.25 the last 12 of the day and ride it to Green Oaks were expired turned into a 2 to Halebank and then im presuming ran a school/college service from there. It was a fantastic ride mostly empty the whole way. I used to love the mix and match seats in them. From the old cream swirls on the royal red background to the multi coloured pattern. God i miss them. Nothing in Haltons fleet currently has that much character.

They did have a lot of character, they were great. I used to love them old red with white swirl seats as well as there being the mix and match ones. I hope that halton will maybe one day do a special with one of the preserved lynx's . I know you can still ride them occasionaly but I want to ride one on a Runcorn to Liverpool 14. Also does anyone know if any of haltons sold lynx's are still in service with any other operater. It is funny that the refuse to sell you a few blinds. They have quite a few there that have never been used and quite a few that are old ones that halton will never use again just like the old lynx ones. Its bizarre as well how they just leave the blinds that are in the old darts now which are in a bad way when they have never used ones in mint condition. I remember my last ever ride on a lynx on a commercial service, it was a 14 to Liverpool!!!!!! It was on the 29th of july 2010. I was really astonished that it was on a long 14 as it was becoming quite rare to see a Marshall Capital on a Liverpool 14 let alone a lynx!!!! Does anyone know when its last commercial service was?

#62 is with Dobsons travel or at least was with them and #63 is in the breakers yard looking sorry for itself. I do have pictures of them both but I cant seem to upload them .I also have pictures of some of the other Lynxs that Halton sold of prior but again no idea if they are still with the same company or have been .condemned to the scrap yard.
(04/05/2013 09:34)HaltonNational Wrote:  
(02/05/2013 21:23)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(01/05/2013 21:22)HaltonNational Wrote:  Ive already enquired about the blinds a few months ago when 30 and 33 were fitted with the LED ones. I was told they were not for sale. I feel the exact sameway about the Lynxs i certainly miss everything about them they were such a unique bus with so many qualitys. Most schooldays i used to go out and get a lynx (that was rarely on a normal route towards the end of there life) from ditchfield road about 14.25 the last 12 of the day and ride it to Green Oaks were expired turned into a 2 to Halebank and then im presuming ran a school/college service from there. It was a fantastic ride mostly empty the whole way. I used to love the mix and match seats in them. From the old cream swirls on the royal red background to the multi coloured pattern. God i miss them. Nothing in Haltons fleet currently has that much character.

#62 is with Dobsons travel or at least was with them and #63 is in the breakers yard looking sorry for itself. I do have pictures of them both but I cant seem to upload them .I also have pictures of some of the other Lynxs that Halton sold of prior but again no idea if they are still with the same company or have been .condemned to the scrap yard.
Its going to be one of those things I surpose, could probably track down were the rest of them went but it would be pretty difficult to find out. I thought #63 was in the scrap yard, i remember seeing a picture of it in a bad way. Didnt know if it was accident damage or had just been roughed up.

Does anyone know why the red skirt on #44 is higher than the skirt of the bus? #34 is an understandable silly mistake of painting a bus with doors open, but there isn't really an excuse for #44.

#57 was once again on the 26A today with #56 on the 26.
#55 was in use on Netherlery to Bellevale Primary service 687, instead of #57 doing the 48 Westbrook to Kingsway.
(10/05/2013 14:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Does anyone know why the red skirt on #44 is higher than the skirt of the bus? #34 is an understandable silly mistake of painting a bus with doors open, but there isn't really an excuse for #44.

#55 was in use on Netherlery to Bellevale Primary service 687, instead of #57 doing the 48 Westbrook to Kingsway.

I dont really understand that myself I belive 34 is like that because it was in the widnes corporation livery, but 44 is werid its got a red strip at the back near the roof were the others have cream I think 50 has the same mistake but il have to check. I also need someone to confirm if I just sore a decker about a hour and a half ago in the yard. It was white and looked like it was old but I couldent tell what it was from the round-about but I am pretty sure it was a decker possibly a olympian or a myllennium vyking.

(15/05/2013 18:15)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(10/05/2013 14:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Does anyone know why the red skirt on #44 is higher than the skirt of the bus? #34 is an understandable silly mistake of painting a bus with doors open, but there isn't really an excuse for #44.

I dont really understand that myself I belive 34 is like that because it was in the widnes corporation livery, but 44 is werid its got a red strip at the back near the roof were the others have cream I think 50 has the same mistake but il have to check.
A few of the recent (if not all) myllenium repaints have had their rears done like that, I believe there is at least 3 knocking around Smile
That decker I was on about isnt there now. I am thinking it might have been stabled there because I think there was morris dancing in the lesiure centre which happens quite often is what I am thinking.

Halton have posted yet another loss of £80, 000 for this financial year, and there drivers voting for strike action within the next 14 days. Thinks are not looking good!!
The thread is now open again but could members please not speculate about the future of the company (in regard to takeovers etc) as drivers do read this forum and it could potentially cause problems for them at work.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)