Current time: 02/05/2024, 01:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
Marshalls and ELCs had power blinds from new instead of manual ones. funny seeing them driving while destinations are scrolling
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not to be a picky runt, but ELC wise it was only the first 7 Smile

It's quite nice how Halton have never thought about updating some of the blinds since new! It's nice to see blinds for the "27 Rainhill" and "203 Alder Hey Hospital" yet funny to see the lack of "14A Widnes Waterfront" or "school/College Service"

I quite like my 44 to "Whiston Hospital/Runcorn Murdishaw/Widnes Town Hall/Halton Lea"
Find all posts by this user
Yes it is good they have never really done anything with the old power blinds. I remember when Halton bought there first few ELCs and they were fitted with power blinds, but then to my surprise one comes round the corner with LEDs not 8 weeks after delivery!!! I was quite confused by halton, its seemed a bit silly. I was in there depot about a year ago and they still had the old ELC powerblinds as well as a bunch of other ones from old Leyland Lynx's as well as some other spare numbers and stuff it was pretty cool. I keep meaning to enquire about a purchase price for 1 or 2 I would just love to own one, I really dont know why! But that brings me on to something, I am really missing haltons old lynx's they were up there as one of my favorite fleets ever. I loved the roar of the engine, the interior, the smell, the speed!! Although some did get a bit sluggish in there old age. Id do anything just to see them parked up in the yard next to a solo, and id do even more to see them working a long 14 and even more to ride one on a long 14, just one last time!!

i wonder if halton will look at what they currently run on their eve/sun as i think some of their routes like the one from liverpool - runcorn via huyton could run a bit later than it already does

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(01/05/2013 09:01)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i wonder if halton will look at what they currently run on their eve/sun as i think some of their routes like the one from liverpool - runcorn via huyton could run a bit later than it already does

Evening operation of some routes may only be commercially viable Thursday to Saturday inclusive .

Sundays are getting better for passengers as more people start to shop Sunday Daytime , Sunday evening has to be a non starter unless they have a market niche already.

Monday to Wednesday inclusive is another one there has to be a market niche there already on the route .
#28 "broke down" on route 44 today, 35 minutes later replacement bus #23 arrived and #28 was drove back to the depot by a spare driver.

I was being a bit sarcastic with regards to the blinds, It's something that should be looked at tbf.
(01/05/2013 09:01)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i wonder if halton will look at what they currently run on their eve/sun as i think some of their routes like the one from liverpool - runcorn via huyton could run a bit later than it already does

I have heard that the St Helens - Widnes corridor (17/33) is going over to a quality partnership, unsure of what effect this will have on the Evening/Sunday 17B journeys.
(30/04/2013 21:36)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Yes it is good they have never really done anything with the old power blinds. I remember when Halton bought there first few ELCs and they were fitted with power blinds, but then to my surprise one comes round the corner with LEDs not 8 weeks after delivery!!! I was quite confused by halton, its seemed a bit silly. I was in there depot about a year ago and they still had the old ELC powerblinds as well as a bunch of other ones from old Leyland Lynx's as well as some other spare numbers and stuff it was pretty cool. I keep meaning to enquire about a purchase price for 1 or 2 I would just love to own one, I really dont know why! But that brings me on to something, I am really missing haltons old lynx's they were up there as one of my favorite fleets ever. I loved the roar of the engine, the interior, the smell, the speed!! Although some did get a bit sluggish in there old age. Id do anything just to see them parked up in the yard next to a solo, and id do even more to see them working a long 14 and even more to ride one on a long 14, just one last time!!

Ive already enquired about the blinds a few months ago when 30 and 33 were fitted with the LED ones. I was told they were not for sale. I feel the exact sameway about the Lynxs i certainly miss everything about them they were such a unique bus with so many qualitys. Most schooldays i used to go out and get a lynx (that was rarely on a normal route towards the end of there life) from ditchfield road about 14.25 the last 12 of the day and ride it to Green Oaks were expired turned into a 2 to Halebank and then im presuming ran a school/college service from there. It was a fantastic ride mostly empty the whole way. I used to love the mix and match seats in them. From the old cream swirls on the royal red background to the multi coloured pattern. God i miss them. Nothing in Haltons fleet currently has that much character.
(01/05/2013 20:43)St Helens Rider Wrote:  

I have heard that the St Helens - Widnes corridor (17/33) is going over to a quality partnership, unsure of what effect this will have on the Evening/Sunday 17B journeys.

do the 33 and 17 even go the same way from st helens - widnes mate?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(02/05/2013 09:20)bolton bus basher Wrote:  
(01/05/2013 20:43)St Helens Rider Wrote:  

do the 33 and 17 even go the same way from st helens - widnes mate?

They're not that far off!
It does seem like there is a lot of surplus resource on there at the moment, what with the 33, 17 and 17a.
Since this is a quieter corridor, who knows, a QBP might actually work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)