Current time: 27/04/2024, 05:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(03/01/2013 22:49)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I am wondering why Halton need Solos and at that second hand - it's quite a turn up for the books.

I know what you mean, it is strange of Halton. Surely the #20 (when it's not broken down! :P) and the other Marshall's/SPD's would suit the needs of the 26 just fine? Especially if the Circular service proves to be popular!

It will be interesting to see the what the new Solo's look like once the Halton Transport livery has been applied.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Smaller buses are required to get around Cherry Sutton. The roads are too right and residential
maybe so but still why 2nd hand? they could of bought the smaller solo SR's

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Why second hand? Perhaps because its a dann site cheaper, easier and quicker to source, and thats all they need for an unproven service. They could have bought a lot of things but all these things cost money!!

RIP 96 - YNWA
(04/01/2013 08:47)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Why second hand? Perhaps because its a dann site cheaper, easier and quicker to source, and thats all they need for an unproven service. They could have bought a lot of things but all these things cost money!!

However, have to balance against reliability issues of older vehicles, plus will knock a hole in the fleets age profile.

No sign of any Solo's in Caldwell Road yard though this morning. I'll have a wander across to Moor Lane later to see if they are in the garage.
Crazy how Warrington are purchasing new vehicles and getting shut of the older stuff whereas Halton remain in the dark ages in comparison. Comes to something when they are having to buy 13 year old Optare Solos. I know a great deal about both companies and Halton is so far behind its unreal...
It might just be a case that Halton cannot afford to buy new at present and the cheaper second hand option is just better suited to them right now.
A new bus can take months to arrive, a secondhand one can arrive as close as the next day. The service starts in exactly a month

Halton do not have the funds, nor the monopoly of that of it's Warrington neighbour
(04/01/2013 09:21)DVL418 Wrote:  
(04/01/2013 08:47)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Why second hand? Perhaps because its a dann site cheaper, easier and quicker to source, and thats all they need for an unproven service. They could have bought a lot of things but all these things cost money!!

However, have to balance against reliability issues of older vehicles, plus will knock a hole in the fleets age profile.

No sign of any Solo's in Caldwell Road yard though this morning. I'll have a wander across to Moor Lane later to see if they are in the garage.

All three in the garage at lunchtime being prepped for repainting. Will post pics later.

One managed to disgrace itself on the way by breaking down.
Thats why I didnt see the third arrive!

(04/01/2013 10:10)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Crazy how Warrington are purchasing new vehicles and getting shut of the older stuff whereas Halton remain in the dark ages in comparison. Comes to something when they are having to buy 13 year old Optare Solos. I know a great deal about both companies and Halton is so far behind its unreal...

The situations are completely different Bigger fleet at Warrington as well. Considering the oldest vehicle in service last year was W reg, they werent doing too bad! The change in management has obviously brought changes to operations and its rather good to see the company expanding a bit.

RIP 96 - YNWA

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)