Current time: 05/05/2024, 03:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(14/11/2012 22:00)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  What are peoples thoughts on the Super Darts Halton operate mainly on the 62 service?

The marshall 2's vary

Some smell of rot/damp and absolutely stink, but if I can recall #24 and #33 are quite nice, but slow around bends and roundabouts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Is the engine in them the same as in the Wright Commanders?? Was on one today on the 62 and I have to say they sound awful, so whiny and performance appeared poor..
(14/11/2012 22:46)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Is the engine in them the same as in the Wright Commanders??

No, the Marshall 2's are EURO 2 complient, the Commanders EURO 3 or 4.

Im not sure on the exact engine type as it's not really of intrest to me
Can anyone shed any light on what engine powers them?
Personally I think the SPDs are great buses, they make a nice change from Cadets and MCVs! Some have seen better days but some are still great buses, the 02s in particular seem to have a nice throat strong engine, although they'd benefit from an extra gear!

RIP 96 - YNWA
I agree with the extra gear comment, I think the Marshall SPD's aren't bad buses myself , some have seen better days & as Reece mentioned there is a musty smell internally wise from some which tbh isn't very nice. I like most of Haltons Fleet, some of the ELCs are starting to sound a little tired and there engine fans are on constant, if the Evoultions had better legroom I'd like them much more - rattle wise they are not bad at all tbh! The seats are really comfortable in the ELCs however

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
I know people call the Cadets but I think they are fantastic. From a drivers point of view, they dont have much go but they are a very comfy ride. Arriva Runcorn's were terrible but after driving Warringtons Cadets which were absolutely a pleasure to drive, I really like them...

I think the SPD's are quite ugly looking things. They seem to be too long...
Warrington have 2 different types of the cadet body, they have the volvo merit as well as the Daf ones
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What is the difference between them? I know the 53 plate Cadets have slightly different lights at the front but cant see any other exterior differences?
There is no difference really, just badged differently. Volvo SB120CS with Wright Merit bodywork and VDL SB120CS with Wright Cadet bodywork, essentially the same.

RIP 96 - YNWA

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)