Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(02/11/2012 19:50)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Yeah, it did that when I went on it over to Runcorn on the 62, struggled up the hill by the Grange school, however it was a very nice ride once it got going, not to mention barring the faded seats it is absolutely flawless inside.
But it wasn't like it was stuck in first when it went past me, the engine didnt seem to be revving much at all, not that it was easy to hear over the roaring sound. There was something very wrong with it. Plus, the fact it had hazards on and the fact it was a fair way down Liverpool Rd from the junction it would have last stopped at suggests it was a prolonged problem and not just a case of it struggling to engage gear.

As you've probably seen it's less reliable then 20 lately Laugh
Would have loved a go on the 62 on that mind
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seen it in the morning, worked out the duty and specifically went after it in the afternoon. Didnt miss a beat, a great bus if a little sluggish.
20 seems to be as reliable as half of Haltons services lately. Seen it knocking about once or twice then theres other buses on the 26.
While Im here I may as well put it out there that Haltons reliability has once again dropped. No 14s for a while then 3 in a row, really? Not to mention my bus of a morning is persistently 7 minutes late and standing to the front when I get on, often not stopping at all to pick up after Hough Green Station. An extra bus of a morning wouldnt go amiss!

RIP 96 - YNWA
So what is happening to darts 71 to 74? Are they now keeping them rather than looking to sell them on?
(09/11/2012 21:01)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  So what is happening to darts 71 to 74? Are they now keeping them rather than looking to sell them on?

Kept for school/college services as well as the occasional 2/2A or 14/14A/17/17A services (or 26 spare).
Excellent so they are now going to be kept in service?
#26 and#28 are on a Liverpool 14 (not too rare) with #76.

#76 is the Widnes bound 14 around 5.20-5.30 from Liverpool
Do Haltons services get busy in comparison to Arriva Runcorn?
How has the 14 been been running this week with its additional running time (again!). At least they are now realistic and in line with the 79C now
How much extra running time has been added ?
(12/11/2012 20:27)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Do Haltons services get busy in comparison to Arriva Runcorn?

Depends on the service and time of day, routes such as the 61/62 have better loadings of ususally a full bus compared to a 17/17A for example, but Arriva Runcorn services actually serve Runcorn where as the Halton Transport ones only go as far as Widnes (with the exception of the 61/62)

User(s) browsing this thread: 46 Guest(s)