Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
3 buses were once again a no show this morning on 14/14A. Perhaps trouble getting to liverpool that early to start journeys? Whatever the excuse, its getting beyond a joke and to the point i can no longer rely on haltons services to turn up and/or get me where i need to go on time.

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/09/2012 11:21)K853 MTJ Wrote:  3 buses were once again a no show this morning on 14/14A. Perhaps trouble getting to liverpool that early to start journeys? Whatever the excuse, its getting beyond a joke and to the point i can no longer rely on haltons services to turn up and/or get me where i need to go on time.

Have you contacted Halton Transport and asked for an explanation?
That is a job for tonight mate! May even leave it until tomorrow morning because I'll be using the 14 to get to college, will see if it's any better tomorrow.
Halton have always been good with reliability, it just seems of late to have gone down hill, unfortunate really!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Probably why the 14s are changing on Monday, to adjust some journeys and duties around, The change was originally sheduled for the 2nd, along with all their other changes, and schools serivces, but was refused by the traffic commisioner, hence they had to wait 2 weeks to implement it. But obviously some errrors are already going to be present and unworkable. So fingers crossed next week things get better
In that case I may bear with then and see if the changes do anything to improve reliability!

RIP 96 - YNWA
#76 has a torn destination blind which needs replacing, it was on the am 44.
Someone asked a while ago what the 17/A interworks with, the answer is the 14A (Shorts)
Hmm, the times work really well for going 17(a) -> 14a (looots of layover), but not 14a -> 17(a), so might there be something else in the mix too? Big Grin
I would suggest 17(a) -> 14a (short) -> 14 (short) -> 17(a), but the layover times just seem too long to be true/efficient.

(One 14a per hour comes into Vicarage Road at 42 past, with the 17 departing at 40 and the 17a departing at 14 past).
Some 14As turn short and go to the depot after serving tesco, that might have something to do with it?
Other news, 73 is on the 14a and 74 is on the 2. 74 doesn't sound in the peak of health, 73 sounds ok, 72 still the best of the lot IMO!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Incidentally, I've just looked through some of the 3 college services which go through Penketh, and the 47 only has 18 minutes to go Widnes Town Hall -> Cronton Campus -> Penketh. That's really not a lot! You probably couldn't do Cronton campus -> Penketh in a car in 10 minutes at that time!

The Halton Transport map still hasn't been updated to show the 17, but the recent & forthcoming service changes page has now been amended.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)