Current time: 29/03/2024, 08:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(02/10/2020 05:57)M60lad Wrote:  Didnt Haltons 17 follow a slightly different route round Widnes compared to the Arriva 17?

If I remember correctly, before the QBP started, the 17 had a different route around the Farnworth area of Widnes to what was then Arriva's 33A.
Halton ran a 17A via Appleton Village.
The 33A also carried on from St Helens to Sutton Heath.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Halton 17 ran via Lockett Road instead of Derby Road in Farnworth. The evening 17B (as it was at the time) operated by HTL ran via Derby Road and did later when it was simply numbered the 17. Halton tickets were also valid on the 30 to Chain Lane as per the Merseytravel timetable, which was always odd to me as they never ran up that way.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
I have a Halton 2004 bus guide, Halton Transport 17A went via Lunt's Heath Road, Derby Road, Peel House Lane, Lockett Road Birchfield Road & Appleton Village.

Arriva 17 went via Birchfield Road, Lockett Road, Peel House Lane between Farnworth & Widnes, also Arriva started/terminated at Green Oaks whilst Halton went to Vicarage Road.

The 17B which was the evening & Sunday service operated by Halton, went mostly via the Arriva 17 but Birchfield Road, Derby Road & Peel House Lane, rather than Lockett Road.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(02/10/2020 11:35)CX06 EBK Wrote:  The Halton 17 ran via Lockett Road instead of Derby Road in Farnworth. The evening 17B (as it was at the time) operated by HTL ran via Derby Road and did later when it was simply numbered the 17. Halton tickets were also valid on the 30 to Chain Lane as per the Merseytravel timetable, which was always odd to me as they never ran up that way.
On our 30 they were only valid to st Helen's bus stn.
According to an article today in Cheshire Live, the company tried to recoup it's losses by ending paid breaks (voted down by staff) and withdrawing from the MyTicket scheme (refused by Merseytravel). Delays in the reopening of the Silver Jubilee Bridge were blamed for rising fuel costs.

Link to the article: https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/che...y-19047239
79 KX55UDD and possibly unused GX06DXA are reported with Select, Penkridge ex GB Travel.
Reading up on it, typical story really, incompetent management with no clue by anyone sat on the board.

Seems the rot set in when David Cunningham and Chris Adams retired in 2005 and 2012.
Bombshell news... Moor Lane depot became a listed building last week!
https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/t...HIhFXsxb9o
MCVs 5-8 have gone from Ensign to Bournemouth, replacing newer E20Ds.
(13/12/2020 17:31)mikestone Wrote:  MCVs 5-8 have gone from Ensign to Bournemouth, replacing newer E20Ds.

Interesting move Yellow buses I wonder ???? not to stray too off topic but they have the nicer 6.7cummins engines in them iirc

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)