Current time: 04/05/2024, 13:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(21/01/2020 19:32)326VFM Wrote:  GX06DXC done repainted and fleet Number 26 been out in Liverpool few days ago on FB. I’ve no idea DXA and DXB done repainted or not?

GX06 DXB is 25 appears to in service as ive seen it on Dave Spencers upload at Queen Square
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/01/2020 19:32)326VFM Wrote:  GX06DXC done repainted and fleet Number 26 been out in Liverpool few days ago on FB. I’ve no idea DXA and DXB done repainted or not?

I don't think any repaints or even nothing is being done now in light of recent events
Warringtons Own Buses are holding two recruitment days this week with a £200 joining bonus offered -    
Looking at https://www.cronton.ac.uk/college-bus-update/ it suggests that Halton will be gone by next week.
(22/01/2020 16:31)jon1 Wrote:  Looking at https://www.cronton.ac.uk/college-bus-update/ it suggests that Halton will be gone by next week.
It's good to see the college giving advance warning and getting ticket acceptance on Arriva as a 'back up' for students.

I suppose these are some of the 'schools' which WOB are taking over as quite a few of these runs start in Warrington.
(21/01/2020 22:16)johnluke Wrote:  I don't think any repaints or even nothing is being done now in light of recent events

25 (GX06DXB) in fleet livery was on the 61 this afternoon (22 Jan.). Darts 26 & 78 also seen on the 61, and 79 on the 26.

Seemed to be several buses "missing" on various services for part of this morning, but services had improved by about midday. I imagine now that some drivers may start to "abandon ship" if they get job offers elsewhere.
How many vehicles are required for these schools services? I ask as, this is a possible way to cut the Halton cost base, which may help the financial position of the company.
The school services will almost certainly be profitable. The costs are fixed and know, the fuel is hedged. Getting rid of those makes no sense, if they are going out will mean the entire operation is going.
Been told that Arriva & Anthony's Travel have operated some of the Cronton College services this afternoon
(22/01/2020 17:55)robertclark125 Wrote:  How many vehicles are required for these schools services? I ask as, this is a possible way to cut the Halton cost base, which may help the financial position of the company.

Many of the school services Halton operate interwork with other school services and/or public routes. Usually almost every bus in the depot except for those under repair or withdrawn would be out between 7.30-9 and you would notice the huge amount return thereafter.

When I attended the college a few years back, the 44 used to interwork with the old 26 and the evening 43 service used to run off another school service from St Helens for example.

One of the old Merseytravel joblink routes (870) used to interwork with 2 other contracted journeys!

Riverside college usually use Ashcrofts as there proffered transport operator with Anthony’s travel providing wheelchair accessible coaches so I would more than expect these two companies to be the one providing the student transport (However I don’t believe either company has ticketing equipment and therefore won’t be accepting public passengers) .

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)