Current time: 02/06/2024, 00:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
I have 156441 on the 6:57 Thatto Heath - Wigan North western, I assume that a 319 failed already?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'm pretty sure it's booked a DMU on a Saturday but willing to be corrected.
Find all posts by this user
(26/11/2016 07:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have 156441 on the 6:57 Thatto Heath - Wigan North western, I assume that a 319 failed already?

This service is booked as a DMU. The 156441 is doing the 06:32 LIV-6:57 Thatto Heath - 7:24 Wigan North western. On the way back, it departs WGN at 7:30 and it arrives at LIV at 8:23. Then, this service will form the 8:55 service from LIV to MCO via Warrington Central. This line is not electrified. That's why it is booked as a DMU.
Surely the unit which starts the 0832 should also work the 0632 as the local Electrics out of Lime Street are fairly self-contained at the moment. What does the corresponding unit from the Warrington line go onto at this time?
(26/11/2016 17:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Surely the unit which starts the 0832 should also work the 0632 as the local Electrics out of Lime Street are fairly self-contained at the moment. What does the corresponding unit from the Warrington line go onto at this time?

The unit which starts at 0832 comes from Allerton Depot (5F62 0807 Allerton Depot to 0824 LIV). This is only on Saturdays.
(26/11/2016 19:13)boby32 Wrote:  The unit which starts at 0832 comes from Allerton Depot (5F62 0807 Allerton Depot to 0824 LIV). This is only on Saturdays.

I can appreciate the morning will be quieter, thus a 2 car set instead of a 4 car but what is the unit which will have come off the Warrington line doing? It surely doesn't make sense electrify the Wigan line to then run diesels on it at certain times of the day.
(26/11/2016 19:47)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I can appreciate the morning will be quieter, thus a 2 car set instead of a 4 car but what is the unit which will have come off the Warrington line doing? It surely doesn't make sense electrify the Wigan line to then run diesels on it at certain times of the day.

The unit from Warrington Central arrives at LIV at 0821 and it departs to MCO via Warrington Central at 0826.
Surely as I say, it would make more sense for the EMU to start with the 0632 Lime Street - Wigan and DMU can strengthen other diesel services until 0855.
150118 caught fire yesterday while attached to 156481 working the 11:02 Chester to Manchester. Both units at still at Knutsford blocking the line causing disruption.
(28/11/2016 09:28)knutstransport Wrote:  150118 caught fire yesterday while attached to 156481 working the 11:02 Chester to Manchester. Both units at still at Knutsford blocking the line causing disruption.

Thanks. National Rail was claiming the train had been moved last night, but from the fact that ATW diversions were all cancelled I assumed that must be incorrect.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)