Current time: 18/06/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(24/08/2016 23:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  Are Northern going to do anything about the poor reliability of these 319s? Its only going to get worse when more enter service if not

Hopefully,I know a lot of work has been going on to improve reliability and whilst I don't like 319s I have to admit they do seem to be improving slightly reliability wise.
Find all posts by this user
If they was reliable they would be good as they have 4 Carriages witch for lines like the Wigan is perfect, Another more minor thing is Toilets quite often don't like to flush

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
319 reliability does seem to have improved as you say. Was on 319361 on the 2140 PRE-LIV on Tuesday night. Went like a rocket between Balshaw Lane and Wigan and ended up four minutes early.
It is ironic that the new 700s on Thameslink are so unreliable at the moment, a bit like when the 377/5 were when brought into service. Bombardier seem to have learnt from that fiasco by leasing Bletchley Depot to test the new builds on the WCML before delivery.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(24/08/2016 14:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Thanks, Prefer a nice 142 over a 319 Smile

I don't! Angry

SD.
(24/08/2016 23:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  If they was reliable they would be good as they have 4 Carriages witch for lines like the Wigan is perfect, Another more minor thing is Toilets quite often don't like to flush

That'll just be a lack of water, same set up as a 150. They don't get a long layover on anything much at Lime St, so getting them tanked is tricky. The ones that are outbased each night don't get tanked either which doesn't help.

SD.
(25/08/2016 06:29)childwallblues Wrote:  319 reliability does seem to have improved as you say. Was on 319361 on the 2140 PRE-LIV on Tuesday night. Went like a rocket between Balshaw Lane and Wigan and ended up four minutes early.
It is ironic that the new 700s on Thameslink are so unreliable at the moment, a bit like when the 377/5 were when brought into service. Bombardier seem to have learnt from that fiasco by leasing Bletchley Depot to test the new builds on the WCML before delivery.

You usually get 100mph out of them somewhere around Boars Head! Laugh

SD.
I see they have advertised for trainee drivers and conductors for liverpool as was going to apply but only just seen the advert and its closed at tea time today.
A special Sunday service on the Ormskirk to Preston line today,shame one of the round trips was cancelled though due to no driver
Which depot crews the Preston to Ormskirk line. Blackpool North or Wigan Wallgate?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(29/08/2016 06:08)childwallblues Wrote:  Which depot crews the Preston to Ormskirk line. Blackpool North or Wigan Wallgate?

Blackpool
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)