Current time: 17/06/2024, 16:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(13/07/2016 15:14)Gordon V Wrote:  So where do you suppose the extra unit that works the 1903 Wigan-Lime St appears from?.

The extra unit which works on the 1903 Wigan-Lime St comes from the Manchester Vic-Wigan service (2F76).
Find all posts by this user
According to RTT, the only direct service from Lime St to Blackpool is at 0757. I suppose that it is a nice time for people to go to Blackpool and a nice time to take the 1803 service from Blackpool to Liverpool. Forget my idea about scrapping the 1803 service.
(13/07/2016 18:23)boby32 Wrote:  According to RTT, the only direct service from Lime St to Blackpool is at 0757. I suppose that it is a nice time for people to go to Blackpool and a nice time to take the 1803 service from Blackpool to Liverpool. Forget my idea about scrapping the 1803 service.
Personally I would put that morning service an hour later as I feel it's tad bit early for people (and too early for off peak returns on the Liverpool - Preston stretch) but the 1803 return as I said earlier, is perfectly timed. Another good idea if the units are available would maybe to have a direct service from Blackpool around 2100 in the Autumn for people coming back from the Illuminations.
(13/07/2016 19:10)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Personally I would put that morning service an hour later as I feel it's tad bit early for people (and too early for off peak returns on the Liverpool - Preston stretch) but the 1803 return as I said earlier, is perfectly timed. Another good idea if the units are available would maybe to have a direct service from Blackpool around 2100 in the Autumn for people coming back from the Illuminations.

The 0757 service from Lime ST to Blackpool was prevously formed the 0605 service from Stockport to Lime St (arriving at 0739). If this service was to departs one hour later, that is 0857, then assuming that this service was prevously formed the 0605 service from Stockport to Lime St (arriving at 0739) it will have a break of 1 hour and 18 minutes.

On Saturdays, we still have the 0757, 1716 and 2302 services to Blackpool North. But on the way back, there is only one service which is the 1803.
(13/07/2016 18:23)boby32 Wrote:  According to RTT, the only direct service from Lime St to Blackpool is at 0757. I suppose that it is a nice time for people to go to Blackpool and a nice time to take the 1803 service from Blackpool to Liverpool. Forget my idea about scrapping the 1803 service.
This service enables Liverpool drivers to retain crew knowledge I suppose.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The full Northern franchise agreement has been made available: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-agreement

The platform extension plans give some clues as to where trains are going to go. For instance provision for 5 x 23m carriages is mentioned for the Clitheroe line, as it hasn't been promised new trains or 170s and the 153s are leaving, that suggests some 158s are heading west. Also mentioned is provision for 3 x 20m carriage trains for the Penistone Line and Leeds-Knottingley-Goole which suggests the reformed 3 car 150s will be based at Neville Hill.

Rolling stock requirements for existing trains:

The Franchisee shall, as proposed in its response to the Invitation to Tender, refurbish the
interiors of 64 Class 333 vehicles, 162 Class 150 vehicles, 14 Class 155 vehicles, 114 Class
158 vehicles, 48 Class 170 vehicles, 128 Class 319 vehicles and 94 Class 156 vehicles to
the following specification:
(a) recovering of all seats and the replacement of all seat cushions;
(b) new floor coverings throughout;
© repainting of all interior panels;
(d) powder coating of all grab poles and rails;
(e) a clean compliant with the Deep Clean Specification;
(f) full exterior repaint (it being agreed that with regard to those Class 319s units
repainted into the current Northern operator’s livery in 2015 or 2016 re-painting
of those units shall be completed by 31 March 2023);
(g) fitting of Wi-Fi compliant with at least the Minimum Wi-Fi Service Requirements;
(h) fitting of at least one PRM compliant toilet with baby-change facility per multiple
unit;
(i) fitting of LED lighting, with lighting intensity complying with EN 13272 ‘Railway
Applications – Electrical Lighting for Rolling Stock in Public Transport Systems’;
(j) fitting of a passenger information system compliant with the Passenger
Information System Specification;
(k) fitting of CCTV compliant with the Internal CCTV Specification;
(l) fitted with a driver advisory system to advise the driver on the most economical
method of driving consistent with good timekeeping;
(m) fitted with forward facing CCTV;
(n) fitted to be “ERTMS-ready” so that when ETCS equipment needs to be installed
in accordance with the Network Rail programme it can be done without needing
intrusive works including because necessary wiring is in place and space for the
equipment has been kept free as part of the refurbishment works.
36.2 In addition to the works specified in paragraph 36.1:
(a) 16 Class 333 units shall have two vehicles modified in a “metro style”
configuration (32 vehicles in total) to increase passenger carrying capacity per
unit by at least 19%;
(b) all Class 158 units will be refurbished to a standard that meets the Rolling Stock
Quality Requirements and be fitted with remote condition monitoring equipment;
© 24 class 150 two car units will be reformed into 16 three car units with the toilet
removed from each centre car; and
(d) each Class 319 and Class 333 unit shall be fitted with pantograph monitoring
CCTV.
(13/07/2016 14:43)Gordon V Wrote:  156 on the former,150 on the latter

Good thing that they are not covered by pacers.
According to another forum 8 Class 319s are due to transfer from GTR to Northern this month
(15/07/2016 12:16)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  According to another forum 8 Class 319s are due to transfer from GTR to Northern this month

This is the list of 8 class 319 to be transfered to Northern in the forum below.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showpost.php...count=4090
(15/07/2016 12:16)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  According to another forum 8 Class 319s are due to transfer from GTR to Northern this month

Which depot will these 8 class 319s be delivered?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)