Current time: 16/06/2024, 03:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(04/05/2016 12:40)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I wonder if the Class 319s would benefit from a Renatus style refurbishment? Seeing as the 319s and Class 321s are virtually identical I'd have thought it would be possible

They're not all that similar in terms of how they work. They are virtually similar on the exterior however I'm led to believe that underneath they have several differences.
Find all posts by this user
(04/05/2016 12:42)Gordon V Wrote:  Round trip to Warrington BQ cancelled so far,319386 has come off Allerton depot to replace one of the failures and 319361 might yet become fixed

319361 now sent to Allerton depot and 156441 now working on the Wigan line,1500,1700 ex Lime St meaning that the 1627 Lime St-Man Ox Rd and return is short formed
(04/05/2016 14:42)Gordon V Wrote:  319361 now sent to Allerton depot and 156441 now working on the Wigan line,1500,1700 ex Lime St meaning that the 1627 Lime St-Man Ox Rd and return is short formed

Just seen the 156 now in Wigan. Thanks Gordon.
(04/05/2016 13:22)jtd508110 Wrote:  They're not all that similar in terms of how they work. They are virtually similar on the exterior however I'm led to believe that underneath they have several differences.

I didn't think there were that many differences between the two classes but I do know one of the differences between them - the Class 319s have General Electric traction motors and the slightly more powerful Class 321s have Brush traction motors. I'm not sure on any of the other differences between the two classes though
To be really honest Abellio and now Arriva are having to grin and bear these unit problems , they just look like they was dealt a busted flush by the Government in there haste to electrify the northern rail network.

When all the new units eventually come on stream Arriva will breathe a sigh of relief I think , till then its get your fingers crossed time .
(04/05/2016 15:49)wirralbus Wrote:  To be really honest Abellio and now Arriva are having to grin and bear these unit problems , they just look like they was dealt a busted flush by the Government in there haste to electrify the northern rail network.

When all the new units eventually come on stream Arriva will breathe a sigh of relief I think , till then its get your fingers crossed time .

Who would pay for new units if all the 319's broke down one by one and couldn't be fixed?
Gorverment or Arriva
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
If that became the case , it would be Arriva still footing the bill , but its unlikely to happen.

It does beg the question though how they managed to work down there though but not here in the North , have they a curse put on them or something .
Is there 17:16 Liverpool - Blackpool North normally only a 2 Car DMU? Had 156487 on it today and it was packed!, As for them 319s its a shame these new Trains could not replace them instead of the Pacers that are way more reliable!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(04/05/2016 23:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is there 17:16 Liverpool - Blackpool North normally only a 2 Car DMU? Had 156487 on it today and it was packed!, As for them 319s its a shame these new Trains could not replace them instead of the Pacers that are way more reliable!

Yes it is always 1 x DMU the 1716 departure,it will have been fuller than usual as the 1700 Wigan service before it was a 156 vice a 319 and that left people behind at Lime St.
(04/05/2016 23:05)Gordon V Wrote:  Yes it is always 1 x DMU the 1716 departure,it will have been fuller than usual as the 1700 Wigan service before it was a 156 vice a 319 and that left people behind at Lime St.

Thanks Gordon!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)