Current time: 17/06/2024, 04:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(26/04/2016 15:32)knutstransport Wrote:  Peak time extra between Stockport and Chester cancelled due to no diesel unit available and multiple Marple services are being operated by 2 carriages instead of 4. Northern haven't fixed any of their 319s yet as the 17:40 Airport-Liverpool has been cancelled.

2 of the 3 that failed 319365+319366 have been fixed.
Find all posts by this user
(26/04/2016 15:43)Gordon V Wrote:  2 of the 3 that failed 319365+319366 have been fixed.

The question is now whether they be working properly tomorrow. And which unit hasn't been fixed yet?
3 additional trains ex Lime St later to get people home after the Hillsborough service,2000+2105 Lime St to St Helens Central,all stations,2xDMU and 2040 Lime St to Earlestown all stations,1x319
319376 back in service today on the Manchester Victoria line of route.
I suppose it will help the staff at Allerton in keeping in top of overhauls and exams. I notice the past couple of days, they haven't had any major failures. Hopefully a sign of things to come!
(28/04/2016 22:37)jtd508110 Wrote:  I suppose it will help the staff at Allerton in keeping in top of overhauls and exams. I notice the past couple of days, they haven't had any major failures. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Wednesday and Thursday have been trouble free 319 wise to confirm what you say.
I wonder how long this will last. Is the other 319 that's out of traffic long term going to be returning any time soon do you know?
(28/04/2016 22:49)jtd508110 Wrote:  I wonder how long this will last. Is the other 319 that's out of traffic long term going to be returning any time soon do you know?

319374 has been sat in the same spot at Allerton for some time, but I noticed yesterday that its pan was up, so it looks like it's in the process of being sorted out.

SD.
(28/04/2016 11:17)Gordon V Wrote:  319376 back in service today on the Manchester Victoria line of route.

That's good news after it was on the sideline for a few weeks.
I know this may sound a bit odd running diesel service from Liverpool when the overhead wires up , but wouldn't a limited service from Liverpool to Barrow be an interesting proposition.

Northern or its previous successor FNW did have an afternoon service to Barrow.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)