Current time: 16/06/2024, 13:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
What I can't understand is Routemaster where quite visibly "winning" in this battle as they where achieving very healthy loadings compared to GHA who had a small handful of passengers on at best. Granted GHA were "playing dirty" but they where not doing anywhere near as well as RM in terms of passenger numbers and therefore presumably not yielding the same income as RM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/04/2016 12:09)Lynx Wrote:  What I can't understand is Routemaster where quite visibly "winning" in this battle as they where achieving very healthy loadings compared to GHA who had a small handful of passengers on at best. Granted GHA were "playing dirty" but they where not doing anywhere near as well as RM in terms of passenger numbers and therefore presumably not yielding the same income as RM.

I disagree. I don't believe they were winning at any time. They had their loyal passengers but most just got on the first bus to come. From the moment GHA started they had reasonable loadings because they were running a couple of minutes in front of Routemaster. When I was travelling on the route it was obvious that GHA , if overtaken by the RM bus, would do their damnedest to get back in front. I never saw a RM bus leave Nantwich early even if the GHA was behind time
(06/04/2016 17:54)BHA Wrote:  I disagree. I don't believe they were winning at any time. They had their loyal passengers but most just got on the first bus to come. From the moment GHA started they had reasonable loadings because they were running a couple of minutes in front of Routemaster. When I was travelling on the route it was obvious that GHA , if overtaken by the RM bus, would do their damnedest to get back in front. I never saw a RM bus leave Nantwich early even if the GHA was behind time

I agree with your comment of GHA trying to get back in front because as they have shown on most routes they run they have absolutely no regard for the safety of any road users. However on the days I observed, Routemaster were certainly doing a good trade compared to GHA. On each of these occasions GHA only had one bus on so Routemaster of course was always going to come out on top. So based on the fact that GHA didn't and still don't run a full service, from my experience Routemaster seemed to be doing a pretty good job, but like I say I only properly observed about 5 or 6 times so my experience is limited.
We don't know what's actually behind Routemasters decision to suddenly pull off. While on the face of it loadings may have been good we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes.
There was, and I stress, speculation that some RM drivers were being offered jobs with another rival firm (let's say) actually on the road side and that senior staff were often seen driving in service and were trying to coax drivers to work for them - agajn it's speculation but there's certainly been some underhand tactics used but then again this is all part of a de-regulated bus market.
This stinks of Stagecoach tactics in the early days , just look at Lancaster and Darlington .

They was the dark dark days of deregulation and we dont need it now.
(06/04/2016 20:21)wirralbus Wrote:  This stinks of Stagecoach tactics in the early days , just look at Lancaster and Darlington .

They was the dark dark days of deregulation and we dont need it now.

I know a lot of government bodies have undergone several name changes over the years but couldn't Routemasters complain to the office of fair trading about the actions of GHA.
Apparently senior staff posted several comments on Facebook of all places regarding the compititon on the 84, surly it's worthy of an investigation.
If, as has been mentioned, there have been some issues regarding possible passenger safety etc, I would have thought the Traffic Commissioners should be involved. But then again, this is only rumour!
With all due respect to everybody who has posted on here I think it is time to end this subject as many of the comments are pure speculation and unhelpful.

Whether or not you agree with the action GHA took none of you on this forum are aware of the complete facts behind the decision to register the 84, however I can assure you that neither party is completely innocent and I am in possession of documentation and evidence that substantiates this.

If and when the time comes that GHA is held accountable for its alleged predatory action then it is for the Traffic Commissioner or the Office of Fair Trading to decide what action should be taken, not people on a forum who don’t like GHA.

I hope the forum moderator agrees with my request.
(07/04/2016 16:33)GHA Coaches Wrote:  With all due respect to everybody who has posted on here I think it is time to end this subject as many of the comments are pure speculation and unhelpful.

Whether or not you agree with the action GHA took none of you on this forum are aware of the complete facts behind the decision to register the 84, however I can assure you that neither party is completely innocent and I am in possession of documentation and evidence that substantiates this.

If and when the time comes that GHA is held accountable for its alleged predatory action then it is for the Traffic Commissioner or the Office of Fair Trading to decide what action should be taken, not people on a forum who don’t like GHA.

I hope the forum moderator agrees with my request.

And with all due respect to yourself I will stop discussing this subject the moment that your "bus operation" starts encouraging sensible driving. Once the fact that I'm referring to becomes fiction then I have nothing more to say.

I quite frankly have no desire in discussing anything to do with the alleged "predatory" competition or any other squabbles between GHA and RM any further as like you say we aren't in possession of the full facts, and I respect that. For the record I have no gripe with yourself or GHA as a company as I think in parts you have a really quality operation. But, however as I've said I will always take issue with acts of clearly aggressive and dangerous driving, whether or not that's my place as a bus enthusiast is another matter but at the same time I've got no reason not to mention such acts.

The moment I start talking idol gossip and start speculating then I'll stop at the first instance, but when I'm talking about facts that I've witnessed with my own eyes and via my various recordings unfortunately I simply won't be hushed.

Please don't take any of what I have said personally or in the sense that I have some sort of agenda against GHA as I certainly don't. I would do the same for any operator if it warranted it, I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
Can we just be careful here please, I am watching this thread with a very close eye, if any posts go missing you know why.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)