Current time: 02/06/2024, 11:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Looking at the 319's again , i would be interested to know which unit or units are the most failure prone of that type .
Find all posts by this user
(20/02/2016 11:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Looking at the 319's again , i would be interested to know which unit or units are the most failure prone of that type .

319386 is far from reliable,it failed 3 days in a row a few weeks ago
319362 (Northern Powerhouse Big Grin!!).was initially the black sheep of the fleet when EMU's first went live. Other ones off the top of my head are 319366, 319368 and 319383.
I presume with engineering work between Blackpool & Preston today that 319's will be on Liverpool - Preston service.
(21/02/2016 08:28)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I presume with engineering work between Blackpool & Preston today that 319's will be on Liverpool - Preston service.

Correct,same again next week,2 of the 3 diagrams are 319s,the other is 142056+156455.
Nice combination of 156 and 142 , im sure we know where the vast majority will want to travel on that combination in the class 156
(21/02/2016 16:02)wirralbus Wrote:  Nice combination of 156 and 142 , im sure we know where the vast majority will want to travel on that combination in the class 156
You cannot assume that. Did a Lancashire Day Ranger last month we had a 150/142 combination from MCV to BBN. Most passengers including our group went to the rear unit which was 142090.
A lot depends on were the exit from the platform is.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The debranding process has started!

Saw a few units today with Northern names and web addresses removed. On the 319's only the small Northern logo at the cab ends of the DTS coaches has gone, the Northern Electrics branding has stayed.

Noted that the Northern logo on quite a few station signs has been covered over too.

SD.
What going on at Lime st around the ticket checking area? I thought if they were installing the automated machines they'd be in by now.

St. Helens Central saw a ticket inspector this morning at the stairs by platform 1 (Wigan bound). Fist time I've seen this at St. Helens. Transport police also there with either a queue of customers or suspects/witnesses. By this afternoon the inspector had gone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/02/2016 19:27)RedPanda Wrote:  What going on at Lime st around the ticket checking area? I thought if they were installing the automated machines they'd be in by now.

St. Helens Central saw a ticket inspector this morning at the stairs by platform 1 (Wigan bound). Fist time I've seen this at St. Helens. Transport police also there with either a queue of customers or suspects/witnesses. By this afternoon the inspector had gone.

They aren't installing automatic ticket gates at Lime St for now so things will remain as they are for the time being
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)