Current time: 15/06/2024, 17:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
Not just the extra cost and distance, there will also be people that have to get off the Coach and then get a bus elsewhere that doesn't go anywhere near LSP, so they would then have to catch more buses/trains than necessary. LSP is a daft idea, there should be a coach station somewhere centrally or the existing one should have been left open.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Nutshell Norton street was a decent enough coach station , liverpool one bus station isnt , its a draughty hole at the best of times.
(10/02/2016 00:47)wirralbus Wrote:  Nutshell Norton street was a decent enough coach station , liverpool one bus station isnt , its a draughty hole at the best of times.

I'm sure something could be done about the whole 'wind tunnel' thing; maybe if each stand became a closed unit by adding a short wall on either side?
If enough people lodge a complaint, it probably won't be ignored so long as 'health and safety' is mentioned enough times in there!
Its been like that since it was built Liverpool One Bus Station . Im not a fan of coaches using a bus station which uses the side on to the stand way , most of the best bus stations are nose on to the stand ones , obviously when they built Liverpool One there was no room for that typre of Bus and Coach station.
Hi,Regarding my suggestion about Liverpool South Parkway being used by National Express I just wanted to clarify that I know LSP isn't as "perfect" as Norton Street was BUT at the end of the day it would be a lot better than Liverpool ONE.

I mean it's warm during Winter months with it being enclosed, has on-site café and toilet facilities and is well connected by train, bus and even taxi to the city centre and airport. For those saying that its daft expecting passengers to travel longer, pay more and carry luggage on and off trains/buses us in South Liverpool without cars or being met at the coach station have had to do that all the time. In the past I've paid £10-£15 for a taxi from Norton Street back home to Woolton plus I have even carried two suitcases to Lime Street station and got the train home, both I had NO problem with as I just saw that as an extra part of the journey.

We can all 100% agree that National Express using Liverpool ONE is a disaster and the worst decision the company has ever made in Liverpool and I genuinely think LSP would be a better location (even if just as a temporary measure with the stops on Norton Street being used before LSP for city centre and north Liverpool based pasengers) while new land is found and a new coach station is built.
[quote='JamesR19' pid='86885' dateline='1455329030']
Hi,Regarding my suggestion about Liverpool South Parkway being used by National Express I just wanted to clarify that I know LSP isn't as "perfect" as Norton Street was BUT at the end of the day it would be a lot better than Liverpool ONE.

I mean it's warm during Winter months with it being enclosed, has on-site café and toilet facilities and is well connected by train, bus and even taxi to the city centre and airport. For those saying that its daft expecting passengers to travel longer, pay more and carry luggage on and off trains/buses us in South Liverpool without cars or being met at the coach station have had to do that all the time. In the past I've paid £10-£15 for a taxi from Norton Street back home to Woolton plus I have even carried two suitcases to Lime Street station and got the train home, both I had NO problem with as I just saw that as an extra part of the journey.

We can all 100% agree that National Express using Liverpool ONE is a disaster and the worst decision the company has ever made in Liverpool and I genuinely think LSP would be a better location (even if just as a temporary measure with the stops on Norton Street being used before LSP for city centre and north Liverpool based pasengers) while new land is found and a new coach station is built
You have forgotten about the people who live in the north of the city and those in the wirral
a new coach station must be central around the Lime st station area

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(13/02/2016 02:03)JamesR19 Wrote:  Hi,Regarding my suggestion about Liverpool South Parkway being used by National Express I just wanted to clarify that I know LSP isn't as "perfect" as Norton Street was BUT at the end of the day it would be a lot better than Liverpool ONE.

Sounds like a Ryanair approach to me. Advertise as going to a city, but in fact dropping you off many miles short. Passenger numbers would plummet if NatEx did that.
(13/02/2016 02:03)JamesR19 Wrote:  Hi,Regarding my suggestion about Liverpool South Parkway being used by National Express I just wanted to clarify that I know LSP isn't as "perfect" as Norton Street was BUT at the end of the day it would be a lot better than Liverpool ONE.

We can all 100% agree that National Express using Liverpool ONE is a disaster and the worst decision the company has ever made in Liverpool and I genuinely think LSP would be a better location (even if just as a temporary measure with the stops on Norton Street being used before LSP for city centre and north Liverpool based pasengers) while new land is found and a new coach station is built.

Car parking is very limited at the best of times adding anything more into LSP without improving that side first must be a no-no , all your going to do is alienate the neighbouring properties in and around the site with more unwanted all day parking problems .
I think the car park at LSP could do with improvement anyway, just for its current use, maybe even make it multi storey possibly?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Think a lot of the planning by Merseytravel was done with a much lower throughput of passengers at Liverpool South Parkway than they actually got .

As the train service improved more people rail headed from there.

Coming back to National Express service's instead of terminating services at LSP just make it a stop on in and outbound services on some NX routes , maybe not all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)