Current time: 13/06/2024, 14:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crosville Club
RE: Crosville Club
Ok , try again .

The first time the forum wouldn't take it .

There is road in Neston that goes under the Wirral Way and bypasses the centre of Neston between the Burton Road and Parkgate Road , this bridge has a maximum centre of the road dimension of 6ft 6 inch , does anybody know of any road that can beat that .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/01/2016 23:00)wirralbus Wrote:  It seems we have a bridge basher in our midst , pardon the pun Buses7675.

Im sure in bus driver life bridge bashing is one of the biggest most embarrassing thinks you can do .

Not a bridge basher haha I just drive under that every day going to work, I go under that on the way to Stagecoach as I did when going to HTL so you tend to notice these things haha - I've never hit a bus bridge in a bus though (and don't intend to do so!), nearly everything I've driven is single deck, driven a couple of Tridents and one Enviro400 at Stagecoach but I still mainly drive single deck buses.

(04/02/2016 21:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Ok , try again .

The first time the forum wouldn't take it .

There is road in Neston that goes under the Wirral Way and bypasses the centre of Neston between the Burton Road and Parkgate Road , this bridge has a maximum centre of the road dimension of 6ft 6 inch , does anybody know of any road that can beat that .

There is one very very narrow bridge by Aintree Retail Park, Heysham Road that is very narrow and very low

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.479097...312!8i6656

The Google Maps car doesn't even go under the bridge!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(04/02/2016 21:45)buses7675 Wrote:  Not a bridge basher haha I just drive under that every day going to work, I go under that on the way to Stagecoach as I did when going to HTL so you tend to notice these things haha - I've never hit a bus bridge in a bus though (and don't intend to do so!), nearly everything I've driven is single deck, driven a couple of Tridents and one Enviro400 at Stagecoach but I still mainly drive single deck buses.

There is one very very narrow bridge by Aintree Retail Park, Heysham Road that is very narrow and very low

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.479097...312!8i6656

The Google Maps car doesn't even go under the bridge!

I know that one at Heysham Road, you have to be careful even in a car.
I've never driven myself through it but have been driven through it in an HTL company Mondeo and it really did seem tiny

buses7675

(04/02/2016 21:27)wirralbus Wrote:  Old Roan Railway Station has seen its fair share of bridge Bashing over the years .

I know one of the Leyland national's , yes a Leyland national was involved in a bridge bash a good few years back in the St Helens area , it must have been a really tiny underbridge that one .

(Post moved to correct thread too!)

I think the bridge in St Helens is this one.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.439657...56!6m1!1e1

Lancots Lane

Didn't an MTL Volvo B6/Plaxton Pointer get deroofed here as well?

buses7675

(04/02/2016 21:55)buses7675 Wrote:  I've never driven myself through it but have been driven through it in an HTL company Mondeo and it really did seem tiny

Exactly what I drive, it is tight, you have to go through it slowly.
(13/01/2016 17:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh i do wonder if dear crosville will make another appearance again , we all miss his humourous anecdotes and laugh a minute attitude .

Guess who's back by (one) popular demand?! lol Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Good to be back "wirralbus"! Computer

“Never run after a bus or a woman. There will always be another one.”

“A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/01/2016 18:41)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Intact when I joined the original forum in January 2008 (yes I've been on here for eight years now - doesn't time fly), Crosville was one of the regulars on here and a great laugh with it. Definitely much missed. Another member who created a bit of humour at the time I recall was LA 1449 - a case of whatever happened to.

I've returned like a Bad Penny, and I'm friends on Facebook with LA1449, so I'll see if I can get him to make a special guest appearance lol

“Never run after a bus or a woman. There will always be another one.”

“A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/03/2017 16:52)crosville Wrote:  I've returned like a Bad Penny, and I'm friends on Facebook with LA1449, so I'll see if I can get him to make a special guest appearance lol

Good to see you back on here.
(05/03/2017 16:52)crosville Wrote:  I've returned like a Bad Penny, and I'm friends on Facebook with LA1449, so I'll see if I can get him to make a special guest appearance lol

Thought you was going to Infamy141 , now that would have been interesting with whats happened in public transport since he left

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)