Current time: 17/06/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(25/01/2016 11:15)knutstransport pihuged='85961 Wrote:That service made up a lot of time between Lea Green and Edge Hill so I don't think it sounds like the train was suffering from a mechanical problem.

It made up time as it missed calling at some stations into Lime St
Find all posts by this user
Its a favoured ploy to avoid a full cancellation the service becoming a part cancellation , only thing is for passengers at the intermediate stations the passengers just class it as a cancellation.
(25/01/2016 16:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Its a favoured ploy to avoid a full cancellation the service becoming a part cancellation , only thing is for passengers at the intermediate stations the passengers just class it as a cancellation.

Fantastic if you rely on a service like this to work. Great way if you want to see your boss, just turn in late.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/01/2016 16:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Its a favoured ploy to avoid a full cancellation the service becoming a part cancellation , only thing is for passengers at the intermediate stations the passengers just class it as a cancellation.

More often than not its nothing to do with avoiding a full cancellation,it's the only way to get the diagram back on schedule, Merseyrails Chester line being a case in point
If it was to get the sertvice back to time it would be a full cancellation , but as long as the journey stops in service at the end point its not a cancellation as such and can avoid the PPM being damaged im sure .

Then you have the intermediate station passenger who just see it as a cancellation and i am sure not happy to see a train rolling through with passengers on , enough to get passengers blood boiling im sure .
I notice 150220 has had a major refurbishment, got LEDs and a talking Toilet as well along with a buzzer that goes of to say the Doors are unlocked

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/01/2016 10:19)T42 PVM Wrote:  I notice 150220 has had a major refurbishment, got LEDs and a talking Toilet as well along with a buzzer that goes of to say the Doors are unlocked

Is that an ex-FNW, ex-ATN or ex-LM unit?

EDIT: Found out it's one with the original type of seating so not an ex-FNW one, so hopefully it'll get new seats under Arriva.
Ex LM Porterbrook unit
There's a 156 on Liverpool - Wigan stoppers this afternoon (1532 Liverpool - Wigan, 1631 Wigan - Liverpool).
(27/01/2016 16:10)St Helens Rider buydateline='1453911011' Wrote:  There's a 156 on Liverpool - Wigan stoppers this afternoon (1532 Liverpool - Wigan, 1631 Wigan - Liverpool).

This was swopped as it was earlier on 142016 working on the Wigan line,this is all due to 319383 failing for the third day in a row.There was a 142 on Lime St to Warrington BQ services yesterday due to 319383's failure.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)