Current time: 18/06/2024, 13:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(22/07/2012 20:09)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:03)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 19:57)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  The 17 and 307 interwork, so it might be tricky to design a brand for both routes.

Yes, they do but only certain buses do - I doubt the 17 will get a brand, though.

I don't see why the 17 and 307 even need to interwork, because the 307 can do the round trip in less than 1 hour, still only requiring one bus.

I can tell you why: because they change drivers in North Shields and that bus has to get to North Shields or he will be on the service all day!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/07/2012 20:11)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:09)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:03)W179 SCU Wrote:  Yes, they do but only certain buses do - I doubt the 17 will get a brand, though.

I don't see why the 17 and 307 even need to interwork, because the 307 can do the round trip in less than 1 hour, still only requiring one bus.

I can tell you why: because they change drivers in North Shields and that bus has to get to North Shields or he will be on the service all day!

Ah right. Couldn't they change the 307 driver at Haymarket with one off the 309/310 - there's more of them?
(22/07/2012 20:14)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:11)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:09)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  I don't see why the 17 and 307 even need to interwork, because the 307 can do the round trip in less than 1 hour, still only requiring one bus.

Ah right. Couldn't they change the 307 driver at Haymarket with one off the 309/310 - there's more of them?

I would have thought the 17/307 would have been easier!

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(22/07/2012 20:16)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:14)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 20:11)W179 SCU Wrote:  I can tell you why: because they change drivers in North Shields and that bus has to get to North Shields or he will be on the service all day!

I would have thought the 17/307 would have been easier!

You're probably right Laugh
I have deduced that as many Olympians-NC II are at Percy Main the best place to locate one could be North Shields or Wallsend. I may well be there one afternoon rush hour, either Thursday or Friday. I noticed a pic on Flickr dated March 2011 and it still had Go-Ahead late 90s corporate moquette.

My final curiosity concerns Volvo B7RLE-Eclipses 4978-82. I gather they are at Winlaton for Toon Link services. I am due to catch route 49/a/b from Gateshead to Winlaton and catch Toon Link to Newcastle. I understand both sets of services feature dual-door Renowns, and as I can rode one on route 49/a/b I would prefer my Toon Link bus to be an Eclipse. Does any ToonLink route mainly see most Eclipses?
(22/07/2012 20:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have deduced that as many Olympians-NC II are at Percy Main the best place to locate one could be North Shields or Wallsend. I may well be there one afternoon rush hour, either Thursday or Friday. I noticed a pic on Flickr dated March 2011 and it still had Go-Ahead late 90s corporate moquette.

My final curiosity concerns Volvo B7RLE-Eclipses 4978-82. I gather they are at Winlaton for Toon Link services. I am due to catch route 49/a/b from Gateshead to Winlaton and catch Toon Link to Newcastle. I understand both sets of services feature dual-door Renowns, and as I can rode one on route 49/a/b I would prefer my Toon Link bus to be an Eclipse. Does any ToonLink route mainly see most Eclipses?

Firstly, all of the Toon Link services interwork, so there is an even chance!

There is usually an Olympian on the 17 weekdays, and also, if you are there about 5 o'clock, you will get one on the 391 at North Shields.

Do you mean this moquette?

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
The dual door Renowns at Winlaton should be used on 49/49A/49B and the 69 and 69A. The Toonlink services are a mixture of ex Arriva Renowns (from Hexham) and the Eclipses. These 2 vehicle types cover services 11/31/32/47.
Thanks W179 and Citaro5284. Indeed, that is the moquette I mean. I imagine most Go North East buses are modern or refurbished, with just the Olympians having that moquette now.

The ex-Arriva Renowns will in themselves be different from the dual-door ex-Oxford examples. If I really want to ride an Eclipse I could be wise to do Newcastle-Winlaton-Gateshead ie reverse my current intension. Mind you, the Eclipses are bound to be similar to the Solars, and I have already done Eclipses from plenty of other operators including Go-Ahead subsidiary Wilts & Dorset, and potentially Plymouth next year too.
(22/07/2012 20:40)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Thanks W179 and Citaro5284. Indeed, that is the moquette I mean. I imagine most Go North East buses are modern or refurbished, with just the Olympians having that moquette now.

The ex-Arriva Renowns will in themselves be different from the dual-door ex-Oxford examples. If I really want to ride an Eclipse I could be wise to do Newcastle-Winlaton-Gateshead ie reverse my current intension. Mind you, the Eclipses are bound to be similar to the Solars, and I have already done Eclipses from plenty of other operators including Go-Ahead subsidiary Wilts & Dorset, and potentially Plymouth next year too.

No problem, always happy to help - If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me!

Most buses are refurbished, yes! Also, whatever you do, avoid the SPD's.

Smile Thanks,

(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(22/07/2012 20:43)W179 SCU Wrote:  No problem, always happy to help - If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me!

Most buses are refurbished, yes! Also, whatever you do, avoid the SPD's.

Funnily enough, I got so bored with Pointers being so ubiquitous across the country that I decided to largely shun them except for London bus changes or useful links elsewhere as long ago as 2003! I doubt I shall ride one as most useful Go North East single-deck routes use Solars, Renowns or Versas for example. While OmniCities look less inviting, they are quite spacious and comfortable in practice. I should therefore ride one on route 309.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)