Current time: 18/06/2024, 10:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(18/07/2012 20:33)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(18/07/2012 19:15)W179 SCU Wrote:  Both 3890 (NK51UCT) and 3891 (NK51UCU) have been on the 17 - I love these buses - Cracking!

3890 can be seen here
@ Sean Blair

Are the W-reg 'Showstopper' Tridents similar to this bus? When they're on the 26A, you get some fantastic thrash between Heworth and Boldon Asda on the dual carriageway bit.

No - These are Dennis Trident/Plaxton President and the W-reg 'Showstoppers' are Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolynes.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Upon reading the timetables more closely, I have found that the 64, 64A, 95 and 96 are to interwork at Gateshead Interchange. So, whatever is going to be used on the 95 and 96 is going to be used on the new 64/64A.
Mega rare appearance on citylink 58 service east lancs lolyne 3871 de branded show stopper (I think) very rare never usually ten type of buses if the 58 is ever decked its usually an Olympian
(20/07/2012 15:00)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Mega rare appearance on citylink 58 service east lancs lolyne 3871 de branded show stopper (I think) very rare never usually ten type of buses if the 58 is ever decked its usually an Olympian

3871 (W181SCU) is actually a ex-Sir Bobby Robson branded loylne - But your right, quite a rare working!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
I think the 5 has joined the 'South Tyne' brand, as in the customer consultation (http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...9-july-12) it is shown as ''Service 5: South Tyne''. Also, there are an increasing number of purple Cadets and ex. ''South Tyne'' Darts being used on the service.
(20/07/2012 17:22)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(20/07/2012 15:00)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Mega rare appearance on citylink 58 service east lancs lolyne 3871 de branded show stopper (I think) very rare never usually ten type of buses if the 58 is ever decked its usually an Olympian

3871 (W181SCU) is actually a ex-Sir Bobby Robson branded loylne - But your right, quite a rare working!

Ahhhhh right haha a thought it was but didn't quite see much of it cause a was on another bus going past it
I have a fair idea of where most vehicles of interest run now. Are any routes regularly operated by Olympians-NC II 3811-33 or Tridents-President 3885-91? I should tour Tyne & Wear local areas next Friday and Sunday.

I am hopeful that all Darts-Caetano have been withdrawn as these are the least pleasing design within Go North East!
5218 has lost its Loop branding and is now wears a light green base colour. Is this bound to go onto the Highwayman or something else?
Yes, thanks to George Kendall (Lolyne14) in an Open Line coversation, he was told that the Highwayman is due Solars so presumabley this is one of them.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote:I think the 5 has joined the 'South Tyne' brand, as in the customer consultation (http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...9-july-12) it is shown as ''Service 5: South Tyne''. Also, there are an increasing number of purple Cadets and ex. ''South Tyne'' Darts being used on the service.

Cadets 8242, 3,4, 5, 6 will all be joining the South Tyne brand. This is to cater for the 5 joining the South Tyne brand as you have said. It’s unclear whether the 5 will be operating from Saltmeadows as it currently the case or whether it will be transferred to Washington to join the other South Tyne vehicles.

Quote:5218 has lost its Loop branding and is now wears a light green base colour. Is this bound to go onto the Highwayman or something else?

The Highwayman is receiving solars, I cannot fully work out from where however. A driver told me last month that the 6 Fast Cats solars + the 4 Laser solars were the buses being used. But since the 4 Laser solars have been branded I can’t see these being used. The only other option I can see is the Nine solars from Percy Main with the Fast Cats buses. The 11 Highwayman renowns where then destined for Depford for the Fast Cats X35,36 and 37. He also said the 6 Highwayman cadets where destined for Percy Main to replace darts. But who knows what is happening, it appears GNE are changing their minds continuously.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)