Current time: 16/06/2024, 10:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
Sad news today for all employees of Ace Travel.

(26/02/2015 20:51)wirralbus Wrote:  I think Merseytravel will be obliged to operate a night tunnel bus again , but who would be willing to do the work is the question in a hurry as its close to upcoming contract changes as well that might mean some operators could be willing to do it for only a short time .

Is it a statutory obligation to run a cross river service throughout the night? I know it was quite well used, as I use it myself a few times a month when working late and there is always a decent load. If Merseytravel ceases this operation then I, like many others, will be left to the mercy of taxis and their hiked premiums.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/02/2015 21:24)Enviro400 Wrote:  Sad news today for all employees of Ace Travel.

Is it a statutory obligation to run a cross river service throughout the night? I know it was quite well used, as I use it myself a few times a month when working late and there is always a decent load. If Merseytravel ceases this operation then I, like many others, will be left to the mercy of taxis and their hiked premiums.

Yes, a tunnel service has to be ran at night, so someone will have to take it over. Last time Arriva had to take it over on emergency contract.
Prob be Eazibus or Avon or someone like that hope they keep the New Brighton idea as well ashame it does not run both ways however
I think it will just be the core service that gets provided probably .

I do feel so sorry for the staff at this time of Ace Travel
I wonder who will get the tendered 157 Ashton-Rainford service, as in the past when I've seen this service in Ashton it has been well used.

I can't see HTL taking any of Ace's work on as from what I've been told in the past they don't have any spare O licences, I wonder if Peoplesbus will take any of Ave trave work on as they've got the vehicles
Peoplesbus only have the MPD and the BMC Condor now sinle deck wise. Deckers are allocated schools and soccerbus
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Let's hope as well that the Ace Travel drivers manage to find new jobs
(27/02/2015 07:17)E208 WBG Wrote:  Let's hope as well that the Ace Travel drivers manage to find new jobs

Indeed. A couple of them are good friends of mine hope all staff employed at Ace find new jobs real soon a sad time for all involved.
Have a funny feeling that Merseytravel will be bending Arriva and Stagecoach's ear on some of the replacement work.
I don't think that merseytravel will have much choice but to go to the big 2, of course they may well ask halton if they are interested.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)