Current time: 17/06/2024, 17:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(12/01/2015 23:27)SL64 JDZ (4593) Wrote:  I think the Class 319s look really smart in the new livery - I'm really looking forward to taking a ride on them when they enter service. How many are Northern Rail due to receive?

14 are due in total over the next few months.
Find all posts by this user
Hi All

I thought it was only fair i shared this special offer, You collect 2 Tokens from Certain Newspapers on Certain Days and that will get you a Day Ticket Valid on all Northern Services for £10

More Info - http://www.northernrail.org/JP2015?utm_c...tm_content

EDIT: You also need to Print and Fill in a form from their Website.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/01/2015 08:51)St Helens Rider Wrote:  14 are due in total over the next few months.

Thanks SHR - much appreciated!
It's been upped to 20 x 319s due to the loss of 6 x 156s to TPE last I heard. The increase to 20 units has supposedly been confirmed by the DfT too but I have no source to quote, apologies.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(14/01/2015 00:16)CX54 DKD Wrote:  It's been upped to 20 x 319s due to the loss of 6 x 156s to TPE last I heard. The increase to 20 units has supposedly been confirmed by the DfT too but I have no source to quote, apologies.

The extra 6 possibly in readiness for the next phases of electrification between Manchester & Preston and Preston - Blackpool North although the latter is only scheduled to be ready for April 2017.
Oh well its scheduled for April 2017 , but with everything else in the electrification projects its going to slip probably , I would hazard a guess and say that those 6 units will be away longer than first thought .
The 156s? They're not going to TPE for any reason electrification related.. They're going to cover 185s which will be redeployed following the loss of 170s to Chiltern.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(15/01/2015 07:44)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh well its scheduled for April 2017 , but with everything else in the electrification projects its going to slip probably , I would hazard a guess and say that those 6 units will be away longer than first thought .
What gives you the impression that Blackpool North electrification is going to slip back?
Unfortunately it looks like the additional 319s will be for a truncated Lime Street to Preston service.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(15/01/2015 16:59)childwallblues Wrote:  What gives you the impression that Blackpool North electrification is going to slip back?
Unfortunately it looks like the additional 319s will be for a truncated Lime Street to Preston service.

I didn't realise the plans had changed. The plan being that the Liverpool - Blackpool North was staying diesel until the Preston - Blackpool section was wired.
A last found a full picture of 319 in Northern Livery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124397326@...GVR-mP6MBH

Credit: Andrew Gwilt.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)