Current time: 17/06/2024, 18:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Asked around today and no knowledge of this at several depots. Can't be very widespread. RMT have recommended that their members accept the offer anyway.

Drivers are currently not working Rest Days, but that's not unofficial. There is currently no agreement in place between the union and the company, which there needs to be.

SD.
Find all posts by this user
I know the score with the ASLEF drivers RDW ban, but according to my mate, some guards and RMT drivers are also not willing to work RD's as much as they used to be. I have seen the RMT referendum paper and the strongly worded letter almost begging for members to vote "Yes". I personally think that there will be a "Yes" vote, but some must have become fed up with the situation and not as willing to help Northern out with RD's
RMT Drivers wont be working rest days either as the agreement applies to them too.

SD.
Well my mate is obviously being misinformed somewhere down the line. I work for a TOC (not Northern) and the impression we all have at work is that it was just ASLEF and that guards were less inclined to work rest days. Thanks for the info.
Allertons 156472 was working on Whitehaven to Carlisle services yesterday. Not a rare occurrence I know.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(12/11/2014 06:44)jtd508110 Wrote:  Well my mate is obviously being misinformed somewhere down the line. I work for a TOC (not Northern) and the impression we all have at work is that it was just ASLEF and that guards were less inclined to work rest days. Thanks for the info.

No probs. The result of the ASLEF ballot should be known by the end of the week.

SD.
I reckon there will be a yes vote myself or it will make the union look rather weak...
My thoughts exactly.

SD.
Recent alterations to the track layout at Hunts Cross West Jn now mean that Allerton depot is only accessible from the Liverpool South Parkway end.

SD.
The result of the strike ballot has been announced.

Yes 82.2%
No 17.8%

82% of papers returned.

Strike dates announced are Friday 21/11 & Thu 27/11.

SD.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)