Current time: 01/06/2024, 05:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Think it be back at JS tommorow as it was covering a Gemini that went on Mersey ferries
Find all posts by this user
thanks i will take a quick look when i can find the energy get out of bed then :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Speaking of Mersey Ferries, I seen a convoy of 4 turning left out of the tunnel going up Scotland Road yesterday. Off the top of my head it was 4200/1/2/5. Not certain about the last 2 though!
4201 was the one that the pulsar replaced on 410 yesterday

Can't wait for October for the 174/5 what a odd route for arriva to go for
From October the 118/9, 218/9 and 174/5 will form a new low cost unit at LS
218/9 are just the morning merseytravel equivalent of the 418/9 , seems pointless putting them in a low cost unit if the 418/9 are not going into it .

I have heard of Low Cost units at LS before namely the 401 , but it only ended up with cadets being replaced by pulsars .
From Saturday night there is no low cost unit until October as Chesters are back on main line
(05/07/2012 13:30)wirralbus Wrote:  218/9 are just the morning merseytravel equivalent of the 418/9 , seems pointless putting them in a low cost unit if the 418/9 are not going into it .

I have heard of Low Cost units at LS before namely the 401 , but it only ended up with cadets being replaced by pulsars .
Could also be related to drivers' pay rates as well as this was one of the major areas for savings when Merseybus went through their 'low cost unit' phase about twenty years ago, alongside running the oldest vehicles.
Low cost units though is like divide and conquer the only loser is the drivers in the longer term , but could be the way forward if Arriva wants to retain a modicum of merseytravel work in the near future .
LS will only be getting 10 new pulsars now,probably because they need less for the 2

when the new rubbish service starts

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)