Current time: 16/06/2024, 00:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ex Arriva North West Wright Axcess Ultralows
RE: Ex Arriva North West Wright Axcess Ultralows
what does sorn mean?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Statutory Off Road Notification.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
well thats them gone as well then, lasted a month or so longer than the ones that stuck it out on merseyside

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
not really. that just means there tax and mot has run out so they have to be declared off the road otherwise DVLA would heavilly fine them
so a slight chance one will return

Fining rarely happens and I belive a SORN notice is more specifically to do with tax and not an MOT. Operators/scrap yards are often very lax in actually declaring scrapped vehicles SORN so, more likely, they've been declared SORN in order to reclaim some unused tax on them.

Techincally, they could be taxed and put back on the road but it's unlikely.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Interestingly there is an ultralow for sale on Stafford Bus Sales but unfortunately no picture or any other details, year is roundabout right and I am just wondering could it be one of these. We will to see if Stafford provide a photo in due course.
Theres a Scania L113 for sale on there, but its an East Lancs European body Wink
(28/06/2012 20:54)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Theres a Scania L113 for sale on there, but its an East Lancs European body Wink

Must have missed that. doh !!!
(28/06/2012 20:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Fining rarely happens and I belive a SORN notice is more specifically to do with tax and not an MOT. Operators/scrap yards are often very lax in actually declaring scrapped vehicles SORN so, more likely, they've been declared SORN in order to reclaim some unused tax on them.

Techincally, they could be taxed and put back on the road but it's unlikely.

I would say that most operators SORN vehicles on time because they would get fined, the DVLA aren't at all lax with their fines. Scrap yards and dealers do not need to declare SORN as ownership will never transfer to them via the DVLA, they're just held on fleet stock until sold or scrapped. If you look at various withdrawn Arriva buses you'll see a vast majority of them are on SORN, for example the last Dominator which was long withdrawn was SORN'd more than once.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)