Current time: 11/06/2024, 17:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
4421 has been mostly debranded and was briefly based at Bootle, while 4422 retains its full Cross River Express branding.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Also what looks to be 2316 is at the back of LS with a couple of other darts in bits i presume spares for the Mini darts or just waiting to go for scrap?
(23/08/2013 16:31)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Well, they can't be short of 'deckers if they can afford to put them on non-decker-priority services then...?!

Generally the buses allocated to the 492/495 have either got a minor defect or generally they are part of the rail replacement/private hire fleet so that they can easily be taken off if they break down or that they know they've got a private hire contract to fulfill later that day.

It does sound a waste, but it makes logical sense as they can easily take the buses off at the depot, rather than having to send another bus out elsewhere to replace something with a tachograph if it is needed for a private hire.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/08/2013 17:34)R557 ABA Wrote:  Generally the buses allocated to the 492/495 have either got a minor defect or generally they are part of the rail replacement/private hire fleet so that they can easily be taken off if they break down or that they know they've got a private hire contract to fulfill later that day.

It does sound a waste, but it makes logical sense as they can easily take the buses off at the depot, rather than having to send another bus out elsewhere to replace something with a tachograph if it is needed for a private hire.

Correct, I also believe if theyre short on buses, vehicles which are due for their monthly safety inspection that day will be put onto the 492/5 so that when another vehicle off the road for whatever reason becomes available for service, it can be sent out in its place and the vehicle already on the road can be taken off for its inspection/service.

I am no longer active on this forum.
2907 on the 487 earlier. Although the bus stopping sign was working the bells weren't. So does the driver slow down and check the interior mirror when approaching stops. No way - foot down and have a laugh.
Naughty Naughty, surely if the bells aren't working the bus shouldn't be on the road as I'm led to believe this is a PG9 failure if VOSA were to check the bus over, either way the driver should have let the depot know and asked for a replacement vehicle
Most of the deckers at Stagecoach Gilmoss dont have working bells/buzzers. I find pressing the disabled assistance button works on them.
4415 went back to Bootle around in the early hours of this morning.

I am no longer active on this forum.
It's nice to see all three Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents 4000, 4001 and 4002 all out on the 403/413 today.

An unusual allocation to see this evening was Dennis Dart MPD/Plaxton Pointer 2 Y46TDA was on the 410 to Clatterbridge Hospital, I couldn't resist the opportunity to photograph it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharrison/9618142764/

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)