Current time: 01/06/2024, 15:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(07/03/2013 09:20)wirralbus Wrote:  
(07/03/2013 00:07)mbonwick Wrote:  Stagecoach own their buses, Reays lease theirs (or hire-purchase). Newer still doesn't mean they're making a profit either....

They maybe on lease but its the public perception that these are new vehicles that means a lot particulary to a small independent company , these days more small firms are going into leasing vehicles usually to fulfil contracted work more than commercial work .

The last time I was in Carlisle, was about 3 or 4 years ago!
At the time Stagecoach was operating a fleet of 05-reg'd Darts, and there were no competion! The newest stagecoach bus, I saw in Carlisle yesterday, was a 51-reg'd Solo (47022).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/03/2013 22:01)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(07/03/2013 09:20)wirralbus Wrote:  
(07/03/2013 00:07)mbonwick Wrote:  Stagecoach own their buses, Reays lease theirs (or hire-purchase). Newer still doesn't mean they're making a profit either....

They maybe on lease but its the public perception that these are new vehicles that means a lot particulary to a small independent company , these days more small firms are going into leasing vehicles usually to fulfil contracted work more than commercial work .

The last time I was in Carlisle, was about 3 or 4 years ago!
At the time Stagecoach was operating a fleet of 05-reg'd Darts, and there were no competion! The newest stagecoach bus, I saw in Carlisle yesterday, was a 51-reg'd Solo (47022).

Ive not been in Carlisle for a long time too, however the mainstay of the allocation remains the post flood fleet of 39 05 reg Darts, along with a batch of 9 59 reg MANs, and a smaller number of assorted S reg MANs, some Solos and Tridents.
No expert on what is used in town or out, but sounds like you only saw the relatively small number of older buses that they have, for some reason.
The latest 555 livery and branding is very classy. Seen a pic of a Scania on flickr. Got to be one of the best liveries in the country.
(07/03/2013 22:01)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  The last time I was in Carlisle, was about 3 or 4 years ago!

What a load of rubbish!

Don't know about Wednesday but on Tuesday, the city services were being worked by 29 05-reg Darts as well as 5 S-reg MANs and 47022 on the 69.

The 104 from Penrith had two 59-reg MANs and two 55-reg Tridents. The 79/179 to Dumfries and Annan were all 59-reg MANs.

So if the newest Stagecoach bus you saw was 47022, you must have had a very brief visit!!!
(07/03/2013 23:42)B10B6514 Wrote:  The latest 555 livery and branding is very classy. Seen a pic of a Scania on flickr. Got to be one of the best liveries in the country.

Certainly is....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/8533805605/
Very nice Smile

Photo Credit Gregg Collins
Carlisle-based 18357 was on the 554 (Carlisle-Keswick) today and has been repainted in the green livery used on Stagecoach vehicles in the Lakes.
I was in Carlisle yesterday and green-reliveried 18357 was again on the 554 (Carlisle-Keswick). It seems to be the regular bus on this service now but as yet has no Lakes branding.

When I was in Carlisle last week, quite a few of he Darts had had their destination displays modified to scroll the via lines. However yesterday I did not see a single one with this feature and wonder if this change has now been scrapped.

The 104 double-deck workings from Penrith outstation were 18365 and Olympian 16650. I have not seen Carlisle's own Olympian 16645 recently and wonder if this is a replacement as 16650 was allocated to Kendal.
16650 has replaced 16645 which sadly is now awaiting disposal I believe, due to numerous chassis and mechanical faults.
Quite a few of Carlisle's 05-reg Darts have lost their individual route-branding.

For some time the only ones with 67/68 branding have been 34708/709 and I assumed that was to release some of the others to work out-of-town services as there are always a few ex-Manchester MANs on the 67/68. However recently at least two of the 61-branded buses, 34694/695 have lost theirs and today I saw 34711 without any - this was previously branded for the 76. It is very rarely that anything other than a Dart is on the 76.

I am wondering if all the Darts are going to lose their route branding or if some new branding is planned.

Trident 18357 has now received branding for the 554 (Carlisle-Keswick) advertising connections at Keswick to the 555.
Carlisle depot must have been short of buses today as two reserve buses 20960 and 22160 were both in service on the 67/68.

Even more surprising 20944 was on the 685 Newcastle instead of a B10M coach. 20944 is usually at Penrith and I suppose it had been up for maintenance when it was sent out on the 685. Spare coach 52629 was on the 600 Cockermouth and 52627 was on the other 685 so it must have been 52626 that was the missing coach.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)